Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Retired thinker
7,337 Posts
There is plenty of government owned land you can hunt on. In PA for example, there are literally millions of acres of "state game lands." You are free to hunt with few restrictions, however, many areas are closed to motor vehicles. There are millions of acres of Cherokee National forest in TN that are open to hunting. You just need to watch access because much of it is surrounded by private lands. My son lives in MT. There are national forests behind his house that go for 100s of miles. Some trails are off limits to motorized vehicles during hunting season but you can hunt pretty much anywhere you want --- with the correct licenses, tags and obeying the regulations.

One caveat though. I have hunted PA in the mountains during deer season. Be advised you will NOT BE ALONE. It seemed like I was at a Santa Claus convention because there was literally blaze orange behind every tree! Conversely, I have hunted the mountains in TN for the past few seasons and I can count the number of hunters I have seen on one hand. I can count the deer on two hands!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.