Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coronavirus has brought about TEOTWAWKI. The virus may not be the next Black Death, or Small Pox, but society will, and has already changed.

People who never thought about prepping are buying truckloads of food, water, toilet paper, soap... etc.

People who sat in their armchairs and proudly declared nothing like this would ever happen, well, here it is.

Government will stop the spread - wrong.
Vaccine will be ready - wrong.
CDC will stop the spread - wrong.
WHO will react in a timely manner - wrong.
Governments will be quick to react - wrong.

We are witnessing history in the making. Now the everyday Joe understands why we prep.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Kev that was a very good assessment of what is happening Now.

I was thinking that this country has seen anything like the Dust Bowl food lines and have gotten very soft since WII with Prosperity that has been seen here. 90% of the People in the Country have the attitude that it want happen here this is America. This has become a wakeup call to Millions and Yet there are millions still in denial that it can happen here. It's just the Flu Bro!

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,307 Posts
I work for a Fortune 500 company that has offices in multiple countries including China. They have limited travel to anywhere unless it is ‘essential’ for business operations and can not be handled remotely, they have canceled all major meetings and events and sent emails company wide about the virus and how decrease your chances of getting it, and yet at work around the office people are still saying it’s just ‘another flu’ or media hype...

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Coronavirus has brought about TEOTWAWKI. The virus may not be the next Black Death, or Small Pox, but society will, and has already changed.

People who never thought about prepping are buying truckloads of food, water, toilet paper, soap... etc.

People who sat in their armchairs and proudly declared nothing like this would ever happen, well, here it is.

Government will stop the spread - wrong.
Vaccine will be ready - wrong.
CDC will stop the spread - wrong.
WHO will react in a timely manner - wrong.
Governments will be quick to react - wrong.

We are witnessing history in the making. Now the everyday Joe understands why we prep.
I wish what you were writing were true. However that TP is being fought over in stores and not food, makes me think they do not understand why we prep.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Now the everyday Joe understands why we prep.
Eta: and your lying to yourself about that last line.
I don't think we are far enough in to say for sure about the rest, but with the comments I've heard/seen at work and on Facebook, I agree 1000% with this.

Everyday Joe still does not get it.

·
Republic of Texas
1,219 Posts
Yall are overthinking it.

Teotwawki = the end of the world as we know it.

Like it or not. The world we woke up to this morning is a different one than 6 months ago, a month ago or a week ago.

This isnt the end of the end, but it IS changing things and that means an end - at least for the time being - to life as we knew it.

Could that change? Yeah.
Will it change? Eventually.

But for now, it's the literal definition of TEOTWAWKI.

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
3,928 Posts
This virus is a baby, it's not even close to toddler age, look at how it's already affecting things; does anyone think it is not going to get much worse? When truck drivers are too sick to deliver, stores do not open, possible runs on the banks.

There could be books written on what is possible , probable and even likely.

I agree we are watching history being made.

·
Registered
34,687 Posts
This virus is a baby, it's not even close to toddler age, look at how it's already affecting things; does anyone think it is not going to get much worse? When truck drivers are too sick to deliver, stores do not open, possible runs on the banks.

Highly possible. I'm starting to consider I might not be leaving my property till June. (I prepared for longer, but have been taking it in short bits.)

...Still not TEOTWAWKI.

·
Republic of Texas
1,219 Posts

You dont even need sick drivers to see the damage. The lower shipments at ports is already starting to show. The Port of Los Angeles had a 23% drop in cargo between Feb 20 and Feb 19. Palm Beach ha dd's a 10% drop for the same time period. Most of that is attributed to CoVid19

·
Swirl Herder
3,701 Posts
Why is everyone in so much of a hurry to judge this thing.

This is just getting started.

The Spanish Flu infections/deaths came in three waves.

China may be just past the peak of the first wave.

The rest of the world is going to see the peak of the first wave over the next four to eight weeks.

The (most likely) we get to see the other two waves (and whether the second wave is again the really deadly one) over the next year.

And of course, all the above is ignoring the potential for secondary effects of the Pandemic (shortages, riots, loss of ROL, Financial Collapse, etc, etc, etc)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 95 Posts