Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do this as part of another forum I'm on, and I thought it would be fun to do here.:D: Mostly for temperature, but I figured I'd add weather in there if there's something going on, like wind, rain, snow, etc.

I'll start it off by saying it is 20* here this morning, with our first hard frost of the season. Time to get the water heaters out for the horse trough and the dog's water bucket.:upsidedown:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep. We froze pretty good last night in Wasilla. Got down to 26 here. I'm predicting 2 weeks until we get our first snow.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to bump this back to the top with all the cold weather we've been having. Anyone interested in posting the weather where they are? It's -40 below where I am. This picture was posted in an Alaskan forum I frequent. Saturday, 1/03/09 in Fairbanks at the local Fred Meyer store.:D:

Attachments

·
Frozen Patriot
664 Posts
Yea...you guys are getting pounded in Fairbanks as usual. I bet you miss that hard frost back in September. Its been -10/day -30/night here in Eagle River. I know that sounds like a heat wave to you my friend.

I've done my time in Fairbanks before...no thank you sir.

The Wife grew up in Fairbanks and I've spent a couple winters there, Hard to forget what -65 feels like. Simply not fit for human existance....

Stay warm

DS

·
Registered
679 Posts
Work-week ending Sunday, I spent three mornings this week shoveling my way out (manually thank you) for a couple hours in at least sub 20F.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Well, the last 3 days it's been between 72-75 degrees, been in jeans, flip flops and no shirt, as I have grilled out every day. :)

Gotta go back to work tomorrow (mon), supposed to be even nicer :(

I expect winter to pop in again in late january.

·
V
21,713 Posts
2 Days ago it was -6°C this morning it was -2°C and right now its about +1 or 2 °C
and we woke up to about 1ft of snow.

·
Not Totally Clueless
591 Posts
Negative 10 with windchill/12 without - 5 inches of new snow/sleet but sunny.
Tomorrow AM 0 with 5-10"s more on the way

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mid 20s F here right now but by early next week it is suppose to be the coldest its been in 30 years. I don't think it will get that cold but by Monday night cold will have a new meaning for those who like to drive to the store in their shirt sleeves.:)

blt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts