Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone from Florida heard anything factual regarding the State halting the issue of concealed carry permits in January, 09?

I'm hearing this information 3rd hand so I don't know its reliability. I've heard that Florida will halt the issue for 2 years because "there's too many out there" whatever that means.

Just a rumour for now as far as I'm concerned but rumours are often based in some fact and I will proceed as though the story is fact. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I believe they just have a back log because of the large amount of requests. My neighbor put in for his Oct 7th and just got it last week. Remember they say up front that it can take more than 90 days. If you should have a question of the Fl. Dept Of Licensing you can call 1-850-245-5691 or 5695. PS: I have heard that submitting fingerprints electronically helps reduce the approval time

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where did you hear the rumor?
Well, like I said, I heard it third hand and that's why I was reluctant to consider it any more serious than a rumour but still wanted to look into it.

A friend of mine is close friends with a Bail Bondsman. An employee of the Bondsman who does all the leg work between the Bondsman and the local Sheriff's department for concealed carry permits for the other employees is the one who came back with this story.

I haven't been able to find a second source to confirm this rumour so I'm not taking it real seriously right now. But, constance vigilance is in order when dealing with local, state or federal government!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I sent my application in mid September and have not received mine. I called about a month ago and the lady sounded pissed that I was even calling them. Said they haven't even started to review it - sent my prints in electronically - so much for that theory. They were quick to cash the check.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just completed the course today and still have to send my paperwork in. The instructor said it could take 45-90 days. I am hoping on the 45.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wish they would have put a halt to mine when I applied for it four years ago : ). I don't know if they did it on purpose, but the picture that I sent in was NOT the same picture that was on my permit when it showed up at my door. The picture was very distorted...it almost looked like they added hair on my head and a goatee to make me look like a member of the Idaho militia that hadn't bathed since the Carter administration! At any rate, it was worth it because I (and whoever else I've showed the pic to) have gotten a lot of laughs out of it.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
I wish they would have put a halt to mine when I applied for it four years ago : ). I don't know if they did it on purpose, but the picture that I sent in was NOT the same picture that was on my permit when it showed up at my door. The picture was very distorted...it almost looked like they added hair on my head and a goatee to make me look like a member of the Idaho militia that hadn't bathed since the Carter administration! At any rate, it was worth it because I (and whoever else I've showed the pic to) have gotten a lot of laughs out of it.
My picture is the same way, It makes me look like a terrorist.
It looks like I have wild hair and a huge bushy beard when it's actually well trimmed. :xeye:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I have a friend who applied Oct 7th and just received his the 22nd of Dec. This is the number to call if it has been 45 days are more since you applied. 1-850-245-5691. This is another thing caused by the Obamanation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think we're all getting jacked up pictures on our FL permits; mine looks like my hair is about three inches longer than it is, my face looks sunken like a crackhead's and it looks as though i have some strange terrible rash around my mouth! But, no i havent heard any thing about a halt.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I posted here about this last June (2008.) I was told by a Florida state wildlife officer and firearms trainer that there was going to be a halt to them in January 2009 because there were too many permits being issued.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just received the renewal application in the mail from Florida today. Put it in the circular file. Let my home state's CC permit expire also. No longer need them due to job changes. An added bonus is that they can no longer doctor my picture to make me look like a wild-eyed and unkempt militiaman from the Idaho panhandle.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
QUOTE:I]I posted here about this last June (2008.) I was told by a Florida state wildlife officer and firearms trainer that there was going to be a halt to them in January 2009 because there were too many permits being issued.[/I]
The state is still accepting applications and provideing issue status

·
Registered
9 Posts
cwp

I sent my app in on Oct 28th, I received my permit on January 10th. I think they are backlogged due to the state of the country.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts