Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm watching this video called Demockery and at 29:20 This guy (Luke) from Alberta starts in on an event that happened to his family:

He and his family have a safe place to go if the SHTF. The kids understand what would happen if the electricity were cut and no food was coming into the city etc. Well his kids tell one of their friends, who then goes and asks his parents what sort of provisions they've made. Those parents called "social services" and said they were concerned about the "mental well being" of Luke's kids. The social worker shows up at the school and interviews Luke's kids alone and then tells them to have Luke telephone his office for an interview.

Now this guy knew what to do. He didn't go down and talk to them, he wrote them a letter, a contract to be specific, acknowledging their request but he pointed out that the government can not initiate an investigation. That is, they need a sworn afidavit of an alleged complaint from someone and the social worker has to present it to Luke. He backed off.

Had that been someone else they might have agreed to allow the social worker into their home, thus giving them jurisdiction to snoop and use any excuse to start something that could become quite the nightmare.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Actually, a better title would have been: "Know How To Handle TPTB..." :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The vid is probably too long to watch. My point was that you give up jurisdiction without even knowing it, allowing searches etc when you can prevent it just by knowing THEIR rights and where you can draw your line in the sand.

"I don't consent to searches" and "Under Protest and Duress" should be words put to memory and used whenever dealing with "officials".

Take care.

Reactions: Optimist

·
Registered
85 Posts
good post and hello. is it snowing up there today?

sometimes when you tell a kid not to do something they cant resist the temptation. my thought is (and take it for what it's worth .... not much :)) to make it a natural thing like every home has a well stocked pantry or basement.

social workers HAVE to justify their existence so they are the biggest trouble makers out there....always in somebodies business butting in wherever and whenever. I never met a one that was worth a plug nickle.

i agree with your warrantless search theory too if they want to come in my house or car, they'd better have a piece of paper signed by a judge. now if they want to listen to my phone calls they're more than welcomed to listen to hours upon end to my wifes boring conversations...does anyone remember shared phone lines? you could listen to the other person whom you never knew yack and yack just wishing they'd hurry up so you can make your important phone call.

have a good day!

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
thanks for the info my son is at the stage in life where he says he wants to be in the army he is 10 so i tell him that i am teaching him how to survive for the army

moost of my family was in the military some in spec ops so he is happy with what we show him

the shtf stuff we just call it common sense survival

plus what 10 year old doesnt try to make bows and arrows and want to go to the outdoors

but i understand where you are coming from the government will do any thing to break up a happy home but a bad one they seem to leave alone

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, good point about the kids. I've none and won't be having any now.

No snow here. Vancouver hardly gets any on the ground. A couple of 6" dumps 2 or 3 times and the rain washes that away in a few days. 50F today.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Very good point. Lose lips sink ships & we have to be very careful with what we share especially with our kids. I love to talk so I catch myself just in time - even the most trusted neighbor, co-worker or school friend should not be given too much information.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It goes without saying, be especially careful with what weapons you have and who knows about them. Tell the kids that you collect them until they are old enough to understand. Tell them that if they tell someone, then that person might tell someone that breaks in and steals them and their x-box. They will keep quiet then.

·
Registered
679 Posts
thanks for the info my son is at the stage in life where he says he wants to be in the army he is 10 so i tell him that i am teaching him how to survive for the army

moost of my family was in the military some in spec ops so he is happy with what we show him

the shtf stuff we just call it common sense survival

plus what 10 year old doesnt try to make bows and arrows and want to go to the outdoors

but i understand where you are coming from the government will do any thing to break up a happy home but a bad one they seem to leave alone
I do something similar. We hike and camp often and so activities are all "camping" or "woodcraft" related.

Because we live in BFE Siberia where one could easily die from exposure without utilities on any given day, and we're 20 miles from the nearest gas or grocery, my storing supplies "in excess" isn't too terribly extreme.

I just try not to make much of it, though the kids know we don't discuss some things openly. For example, on purchasing some coffee at the store, my youngest says "geez mom, you've got like 50 cans of coffee already" which promptly earned her the sideways mom glare. Kids know "the look" and instantly cease and desist, even if they're unsure just why.
;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.