Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Semper Fi
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NZ home raided over photo posted of .22lr

https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/my-house-was-raided-over-22lr-lever-action-rifle

From the article...
My House Was Raided Over A .22LR Lever Action Rifle

On Thursday evening, I was just finishing up dinner with my two oldest kids. My wife was feeling unwell and feeding our four-week old baby in bed. I had just gotten the icecream out for the kids when the doorbell rang.

I opened the door to see a number of police officers outside. They served me with a search warrant under Section 6 of the Search and Surveillance Act 2012. Half a dozen armed police officers swarmed in the front door (holstered sidearms only) as several more ran around the sides of the house. They later called for more backup as the house was larger than your average state-house drug lab. I got the impression that they'd never had to raid a middle-class suburban house like mine before. Everyone on the property was detained, read their rights, and questioned separately. I opted to call a lawyer who advised me to refuse to answer any questions......

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,695 Posts

·
Banned
4,841 Posts
`

Sadly this has gone on in several U.S. states as well. Now with many passing the red flag laws, it will only get worse before it gets better. While most states might be better off than N.Z. as a whole our country isn't far behind & headed in that direction. Besides remember all these laws are for "the children" & if you don't support them, you are a child hating, racist, sexist, homophobic, bigot.

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,356 Posts
I've been vocal about my opposition to many of this government's policies. I live a very conservative life and hold traditional conservative views which I am public about. I've never promoted non-compliance and was rather shocked by how low the numbers really were. This left me wondering: was this a politically motivated action by someone high-up in the bureaucracy ordered to make examples?
Ya think?

I'm wondering where the "magazine" is on a .22 lever action rifle.

****-hole. Bar none.

The warrant claimed they had reason to believe I was in possession of a prohibited magazine fitted to a ".22RL lever action rifle. Blued metal, brown wooden stock."
Are all new zealand cops this ****ing stupid?

Edit:

I think the inference the cops were making was that the magazine was detachable since they said it was "fitted" to the rifle. If you duct taped a box of shells to the bottom of the receiver would they call that "fitted"?

·
9,695 Posts
Ya think?

I'm wondering where the "magazine" is on a .22 lever action rifle.

****-hole. Bar none.

Are all new zealand cops this ****ing stupid?
Lagnar, I used to have a rifle like that except mine was semi auto and not lever action. The tube underneath the barrel is the magazine. At the time I bought mine, it held 18 in the tube and one in the chamber.

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,356 Posts
you're right of course - I was thinking detachable magazine

Lagnar, I used to have a rifle like that except mine was semi auto and not lever action. The tube underneath the barrel is the magazine. At the time I bought mine, it held 18 in the tube and one in the chamber.
The magazine was supposedly "fitted" to the rifle. As in box magazine like those murderous evil black rifles that are destroying the United States.

A tubular magazine isn't detachable or "fitted" to anything. Of course they could deem it that way. <shrug>

Since most all lever action or pump .22s violate the ammo capacity rules they gotta go.

Back when I was a duck hunter we used to have to fit a "plug" to the shotgun "magazine" to limit the rounds to 3 if I remember correctly.

·
Semper Fi
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The magazine was supposedly "fitted" to the rifle. As in box magazine like those murderous evil black rifles that are destroying the United States.

A tubular magazine isn't detachable or "fitted" to anything. Of course they could deem it that way. <shrug>

Since most all lever action or pump .22s violate the ammo capacity rules they gotta go.

Back when I was a duck hunter we used to have to fit a "plug" to the shotgun "magazine" to limit the rounds to 3 if I remember correctly.
Yes 3 is the limit for shotguns "WHEN HUNTING" but it isn't a permanent modification and you can remove the plug for plinking, practice, skeet, home defense, etc.

·
9,695 Posts
I commented on this at this thread after it happened (10th)

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=933238

Yes our freedoms are under (further and ongoing) attack.

No we are not an ****-hole country.

Yes we have ****-hole politicians and their Stasi operatives.

No we're not alone in that, forsooth...
I know I already told you but I really do hope you guys get it turned around soon.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks Ghost, appreciated. I'm not hopeful. First, we have no 2A. Second, we have huge Fuddism from all the "I'm OK Jack" people who don't approve of ARs and appear happy to be eaten last by the metaphorical crocodile. Third, while COLFO and a few more are doing what we can we can't outspend Government lawyers!

·
9,695 Posts
Thanks Ghost, appreciated. I'm not hopeful. First, we have no 2A. Second, we have huge Fuddism from all the "I'm OK Jack" people who don't approve of ARs and appear happy to be eaten last by the metaphorical crocodile. Third, while COLFO and a few more are doing what we can we can't outspend Government lawyers!
I know it seems all is lost down there but how often do you guys have elections? If you guys do like we do and elect your officials every so often, find someone who opposes the ban to run and start getting everyone to support him, or her. and then remind them when they take the office why they were elected.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts