Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YOU!

Sometimes it helps to know a little about each other. Now before this goes too far let me say I am hoping for true responses and interesting trivia. Something that gives a little humor to your day and that others may find strange but interesting. So about me

1) I actually like Nicholas Cage as an actor. Many of his movies are not that great but there is something about him that says "If I can make it anybody can".

2) I like sardines. This freaks most people out, but I notice that someone keeps buying them or they wouldn't be in the grocery store.

3) I like John Denver songs. His music can bring a smile to my face just like The Captain and Tennille, James Taylor and a few other. Music is good (RAP is NOT MUSIC PEOPLE)

4) I could eat breakfast every meal of the day. Do not get between me and the ribbon cane syrup.

5) I like the smell of coffee. Even when I'm not drinking it (I usually only down a cup a day in the morning)

6) I am NOT politically correct. I know when to keep my mouth shut but there are times I call BS when I hear it. (This has brought about the end of my employment a few times)

7) I love reading a book. A real book, not the ereaders. Something about holding one in my hands is comforting.

Lets hear about You!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have been told by a little bird once I was to personal with some of my threads. I never meant any harm to no one and I was eager to learn about everyone and eager to learn from some answers of many. I have no problem sharing I will speak only for me. Others may not want to share.

I am a person with questions and learn from answers.

I am kind caring and smart .

I love helping others and supporting others through diffcult times in there life. From disabilities to domestic violence.

I want others to know that ur not alone dealing post traumatic stress disorder I too deal with.

I recovered and rehabilitation from traumatic brain injury. I am here to support others if ever needed.

I never judge a book by its cover.

I never hide from my true self but I can only improve being a better person.

I want to boost iQ passed 100. It was once 76 moderate brain damage.

I know a little of everything and always learning .

I love the thread. Good luck with it.

·
Indefatigable
21,114 Posts
My husbands grandmother was 20 years older than his grandfather.
My grandfather was 20 years older than my grandmother.
My husband is 20 years younger than me, we wear our grandparents wedding rings.

I lived in a commune in Ohio and was a frequent guest of one in NY.
I lived with 5 other people in a 400sft apt in NYC, it worked because we lived in shifts, like they would on a sub.

I have olfactory hallucinations, the most common smells are: coffee, citrus, and hot dogs. 9 out of 10 are pleasant.

·
Daughter OfThe Revolution
Not enough
32,432 Posts
I have been told by a little bird once I was to personal with some of my threads. I never meant any harm to no one and I was eager to learn about everyone and eager to learn from some answers of many. I have no problem sharing I will speak only for me. Others may not want to share.

I am a person with questions and learn from answers.

I am kind caring and smart .

I love helping others and supporting others through diffcult times in there life. From disabilities to domestic violence.

I want others to know that ur not alone dealing post traumatic stress disorder I too deal with.

I recovered and rehabilitation from traumatic brain injury. I am here to support others if ever needed.

I never judge a book by its cover.

I never hide from my true self but I can only improve being a better person.

I want to boost iQ passed 100. It was once 76 moderate brain damage.

I know a little of everything and always learning .

I love the thread. Good luck with it.
You never harmed anyone and I enjoyed your threads. Don't be intimidated and be yourself. :)

·
Be kind to one another
2,689 Posts
I am a conservative working in a place that is full of liberals. In order to avoid being bullied and harassed, I pretend to be something I'm not. Although it kills a bit of my soul each day, it's much easier to withhold my actual opinion while I look for another job.

I too like Nic Cage, John Denver, and the Captain and Tenille. Love WILL keep us together.

Simon Pegg ALWAYS makes me laugh no matter how silly his movies are.

I love this country very much and I am sometimes terrified of what's to come. This board is one of the few places I feel comfortable saying that.

I love to melt just a leeeetle bit of butter to put on my microwave popcorn.

Jack and Coke is my favorite cocktail. Red wine is second.

I love jalapeños on my pizza.

I am fiercely loyal and will go to the ends of the earth for my friends and family.

I'm grateful every day that I found this board!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My husbands grandmother was 20 years older than his grandfather.
My grandfather was 20 years older than my grandmother.
My husband is 20 years younger than me, we wear our grandparents wedding rings.

I lived in a commune in Ohio and was a frequent guest of one in NY.
I lived with 5 other people in a 400sft apt in NYC, it worked because we lived in shifts, like they would on a sub.

I have olfactory hallucinations, the most common smells are: coffee, citrus, and hot dogs. 9 out of 10 are pleasant.

My husband is 25 years older than I am. I'm 22, he is 47. People find this disgusting....

I'm a little OCD. But not on the cleaning part, that seems to have skipped me :D:

·
That's "Ma'am" to you
2,854 Posts
My husband is 9 years older than me. My mother told me he was too old for me and it wouldn't work. We just celebrated our 33rd anniversary and I am the only one among we 5 siblings that has never been divorced.

I am left handed. I was a teenager before I met another left handed person. Back then many if not most people forced their left handed kids to use their right hand.

My daughter claims I am OCD but I think checking my wallet to make sure the money is there and not being able to close a door unless the key is in my hand is perfectly reasonalbe.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,948 Posts
Let's see.

Let's see if ya'll can understand this. My maternal great great granfather at the age of 41 married my paternal great aunt at the age of 16. His second marriage. Or maybe it might be simpler to say it this way. My granmother's granfather married 1 of my grampa's sisters. That's how my granparent's met.

My great granfather died so my great granmother with my granmother and 2 other siblings moved in with her father and new family. My grampa went to see his sister and met my granmother. They got married, My grampa was 27 and my grandmother was 16. Ya'll get that? :D:

I hate chick flicks and horror movies.

I love action adventure.

I also would rather have a book in the hand than on an ereader.

My 3 favorite celebrities who I would loved to have met are John Wayne, Johnny Cash and Louis L'Amour.

I hate seeing a woman cry or scream, it's all I can do to keep from walking over and slapping them.

My husband is 14 years older than I am. My dad was 14 yrs older than my mom when they married, I think I see a pattern there. :D:

I look forward to passing on. Has to be better than what i've lived through here on earth.

I may be more white than Native American but I believe in The happy Hunting Grounds.

The thought of donating organs scare the heck out of me. Because of my Lupus I can't donate so I don't have to worry about it anymore but still.

The thought of having someone else's organs inside me scares the crap out of me.

I hear music when it's quiet. It's just loud enough I can hear it but not make out the words. I have walked through the house and I have even walked outside around the house to listen to see if it's coming from 1 of the neighbors. Nope. I can be out in the middle of a field and nothing around and I can still faintly hear it and sometimes it changes tune and beat.

I am a high functioning Aspie and I have a hard time relating to other people.

I have never had a best friend. I've had friends but few and far between.

I have a tendency to tell the truth whether people want to know it or not and I guess I better stop there.

·
Get off my lawn
4,960 Posts
I'm a nine year old girl in Scotland. I want to be a princess. I go to school to learn math and science. We haven't gotten that social acceptance class yet, but I'm sure the UN will try to take away my bike and make me attend. I like Gaelic music, traditional dances, fish n chips and pints of warm beer. Yea, don't judge me.

Bye bye.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
My grandfather was from Russia. He was in the russian revolution but on the wrong side. So when all was lost he headed for America at the tender age of 20. He always wanted to visit his home land and even asked the Russian embassy in SF if he could visit. They said sure.........but he would have to stand trial for treason. So he died without seeing his homeland.

I was fortunat to have many Russian stories to listen to as I was growing us. I was taken to visit his Russian friends. I was a polite little girl and never asked any of his friends if they were on the loosing side of the war too. Ha! Ha!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Let's see.

Let's see if ya'll can understand this. My maternal great great granfather at the age of 41 married my paternal great aunt at the age of 16. His second marriage. Or maybe it might be simpler to say it this way. My granmother's granfather married 1 of my grampa's sisters. That's how my granparent's met.

My great granfather died so my great granmother with my granmother and 2 other siblings moved in with her father and new family. My grampa went to see his sister and met my granmother. They got married, My grampa was 27 and my grandmother was 16. Ya'll get that? :D:

I hate chick flicks and horror movies.

I love action adventure.

I also would rather have a book in the hand than on an ereader.

My 3 favorite celebrities who I would loved to have met are John Wayne, Johnny Cash and Louis L'Amour.

I hate seeing a woman cry or scream, it's all I can do to keep from walking over and slapping them.

My husband is 14 years older than I am. My dad was 14 yrs older than my mom when they married, I think I see a pattern there. :D:

I look forward to passing on. Has to be better than what i've lived through here on earth.

I may be more white than Native American but I believe in The happy Hunting Grounds.
The thought of donating organs scare the heck out of me. Because of my Lupus I can't donate so I don't have to worry about it anymore but still.

The thought of having someone else's organs inside me scares the crap out of me.

I hear music when it's quiet. It's just loud enough I can hear it but not make out the words. I have walked through the house and I have even walked outside around the house to listen to see if it's coming from 1 of the neighbors. Nope. I can be out in the middle of a field and nothing around and I can still faintly hear it and sometimes it changes tune and beat.

I am a high functioning Aspie and I have a hard time relating to other people.

I have never had a best friend. I've had friends but few and far between.

I have a tendency to tell the truth whether people want to know it or not and I guess I better stop there.

I'm about 1/4 Cherokee on my mothers side.
I'm not Aspie but I have a hard time talking to people. Social anxiety. Ugh...

EDIT: I can't really drink whole milk. It always taste spoiled to me, I don't know why. And always hating drinking milk when I was younger because all we bought was whole but still used it in my cereal. Now I buy 2% and it taste great. (I was on a thread about milk and it reminded me of this)

I suck at thinking at things on the spot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I container garden on my back deck, as I lack real estate to fully garden and support myself on my grown food.

I hunt and teach hunter education.

I forage and gather food, sometimes glean.

I'm a professional designer/developer of training for apprenticeships in Power Operations.

I'm writing my 4th post since becoming a member.

Thanks for the thread!
T.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is a hard one because I have never given any real thought to who I am but here goes.

I am on my third marriage.

I was prom king and very social in school.

I grew up as a "country club kid" but now live a very simple life

I suffer from and am being treated for PTSD

I have become very reclusive and don't have many friends nor do I spend much time talking to people (including my family).

I hate my job. It pays well but having to deal with my co-workers drives me nuts so I keep to my self.

My Wife says I am to poor to be so nice and helpful. I will stop and change a womans flat tire while wearing my only nice clothes and will use the last of the fuel in my truck to help out one of the few people I do talk to.

I love to read westerns. Louis L'amore is one of my favorite writers.

I sold my house and most of our un needed posessions to buy a piece of land in the middle of a swamp to get away from people.

My Mule is my best friend and riding her and our horses is my favorite thing in the world to do.

I cannot attend a funeral or be around crying people. My Wife says I am emotionally retarded, Lol. I don't show emotion except when I get angry.

I HATE LAZINESS

I believe it is a Mans job to care for and protect Women. I have put two men in the hospital with broken bones because I caught them hitting their Wife/Girlfriend.

I do not sugar coat things and will say what is on my mind.

I consider myself a very nice person but when pushed to far I will burst into a rage, therefore I find it easier to stay away from people. Oh, except for the old Farmers around here that gather at the coffee shop on Saturday mornings. On a rare occasion I will go down there and listen to them talk and try to learn from them. My Grandpa was a farmer and sitting listening to their stories is like listening to my Grandpa when I was a kid.

I love rebuilding old farm equipment. Old Farmall tractors are my favorite but just about anything ever used for farming is fun to work on. Dragging in a rusted piece of junk and rebuilding it back to its original glory is very rewarding and fun. Everything I rebuild that I don't sell gets put to use on our farm.

All in all I am a pretty complex individual. I got hurt pretty bad at work a few weeks ago and other than Doctors appointments have not left my property or spoken to anyone other than my Wife and Kids. And I am completely comfortable with that.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,078 Posts
Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love

People talk about me, baby
Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong
Well, don't you worry baby, don't worry
'Cause I'm right here, right here, right here, right here at home

'Cause I'm a picker, I'm a grinner