Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ever hear about taxation without representation in United States?

Was there a revolution?

You see what we have now taxation with representation?

Where is the revolution?

·
Registered
442 Posts
We haven't been represented in Washington in many moons. They just do whatever they want and to hell with us.

The revolution is coming. I think this whole bailout thing was the straw for a lot of folks.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
They do as they like when they like with out care or concern of condemnation. They have no fear of us because we are weak. Lied to and "proctected" from what is realy going on.

The people have become weak and lazy. No longer capable of fighting for thier rights. They have
had the bling bling dangeled in front of them to divert their attention. Just as a set of keys to a baby.

Beliving the man/woman they vote for is really going to be on their side. When their more geared towardes their own pocket. They feel they no longer have to think,fight,or even fart for themselves. Robots awaiting for the comand to be issued of what to do next.

The pride of country is dewendaling do to the negliengce of the powers that be. The fact that they no longer fear us. The fact that we have not fought to the end to protect the given rights from our forefathers. Their is no longer concern about us.

Lets take into concederation T.V.
Look at the crap and type of shows being watched. Im no better I whach some crap from time to time aswell. Its not if you whach. Its the shows themselves. The mind dumbing down of America! The fact that most 12-25 year olds think life is just numb nuting around. Look at "The Hills", Survivor getmo, big brother is a prim examaple of how people think now adays. Granted they are all acting. Its the fact of the ratings and the fact you see people acting the same way as on the shows in public!

Were screwed in to accepting this deal because. We have taken this kind of treatment for so long. We have given up our rights to feel protected. What we got back in return was The facade of protection with the kick in the nuts of having our taxes increased to bail out corpartions that our governmental leaders were going to lose money in. That our government elected officales feel they needed. Just like they feel they needed a raise. Well hell we have paid for it then. "Why woudent they do it know"

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I have see the most standing up and acting ever today when 51% of the constuitcy were agaist it. People called congressmen and senetors. To say hell no to 700 billion wastfully spent. It keeps it from failing now. Its also a band-aid. It will fall of later. Lets be serious! Lets stop kidding ourselves.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
We are all addicted to worldly entertainment.
OK! #1!
I was not saying you should not watch. I even addmited to it! I love robot chicken and family guy.
It was a point to show the thinking of the masses. Not hear we see thrue the bull shyt. The majority are freakin blind.

That was the point!!!!

·
Watchful and Hopeful
122 Posts
We also have a situation in the US today in which there is a vast majority that "depend" on the Government. They live in government housing, they get a government check, and they always expect the government to take care of them. We who do not wish to trade our freedom and property in order to empower the government to give us everything we need are an unfortunenate and dieing minority. I am a devout constitutional American; one who realizes "the pursuit of happiness" and not the guarantee of happiness. I do believe we are all made equal with and equal opportunity to try, fail, and succeed alike. Unfortunately, the welfare state that has been instilled in our society over the recent generations is a virus that has drained the very fiber from which we were originally constructed by our forefathers. As a constitutional american I understand that we all live with rights, and our central government was established with an internal balance; to be an extension of the people; to represent that of the common regard; the president is to protect the borders and very fiber of the constitution. However the very evidence is that the welfare state has created a majority that now look to the central government for all their needs, answers and salvation, instead of seeing the government as a simple representation of US. Because of this, most know we have a constitution but don't really know what it is. I for one love America, but am not at all satisfied by how we have allowed or Government to lead us instead of US leading our government. I cherish the pricipals of democracy set forth by our forefathers and those who have fought to ensure the continued application of our constitution. I only wish we could return to a point to which our constitution is applied, not interpreted; that our government was as small as it was intended to be; that the equallity of the pursuit of success and happiness was not imposed by deviding the income and property of those that work and strive to balance out the income and property of those that are not willing to work and strive. Just because I have the right to work hard enough to have steak money does not mean the lazy fool at the end of the street has the right to steak. It simply means that he has the right to work just as hard as I did so that he can afford the same, not to wait on his check that was taken from my check to balance out the "rights". In short, there are very few who appreciate the risk of not having everything provided to them so that we have the freedom to truely pursue happiness and success at the risk of loosing everything. I for one would rather face loosing everything because I fail rather than having everything I have divided amoung the unfortunate(lazy).

Now I do realize there are a FEW that need the help of the majority, but I do not think it is right that the FEW is providing for the majority. As with the companies that made the poor choices in practice and are now failing, well 25 years ago capitalism would have taken effect and these companies would just tank. An $800 billion band aid is a sympton and not a solution that will most likely give us 20 years worth of grief just to affod having one bad week in 2008.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
We haven't been represented in Washington in many moons. They just do whatever they want and to hell with us.
This thread is in the wrong place and is a bunch of crap. Sorry you don't like who the majority of people in you area vote for. Our congressmen, our senators, our govs.

·
Banned
653 Posts
You ever hear about taxation without representation in United States?

Was there a revolution?

You see what we have now taxation with representation?

Where is the revolution?
Sitting on the couch drinking Coors, eating Frito's and watching American Idol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bailout's cost to you "by the numbers":

Bailout Bill $700 billion
Additional Pork $150 billion
Dow (-484) in 3 hours $600 billion
Total carnage to you, The Taxpayer $1.45 trillion

You know what to do in November, right?

Print it out, pass it around, email it to your friends. Congress "acts" and your 401k takes a cave-dive - without scuba tanks.

Pass it on

http://market-ticker/denninger.net

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
While I feel in general very pessimistic, concerned and frankly, screwed, I do NOT feel as though I am not represented. I vote and I know that the people elected in my state are paying attention to the opinion of the people who voted them into, and could potentially vote them out of, office.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
We also have a situation in the US today in which there is a vast majority that "depend" on the Government. They live in government housing, they get a government check, and they always expect the government to take care of them.
I stopped reading right there since, as a member of the middle (OK, upper middle) class, which makes up a big chunk of the US population, I know damn well that most Americans are not relying on government checks. Local, state and federal government take care of the roads, pay for other infrastructure, for schools and for necessary services like fire departments, police, and the pensions for those folks get. Most middle class people pay more into the federal system than they get out (unless you want to argue about the defense budget, which I'm happy to do...)

HippieSurvivalist

·
Watchful and Hopeful
122 Posts
I stopped reading right there since, as a member of the middle (OK, upper middle) class, which makes up a big chunk of the US population, I know damn well that most Americans are not relying on government checks. Local, state and federal government take care of the roads, pay for other infrastructure, for schools and for necessary services like fire departments, police, and the pensions for those folks get. Most middle class people pay more into the federal system than they get out (unless you want to argue about the defense budget, which I'm happy to do...)

HippieSurvivalist
Reading that removed from context I see how the point I intended in that passage is not clearly stated.

I meant that a vast majority depend on the government without having the self suffencient attitude that they should. I see them expecting more and more regulations, interventions, employer restrictions, etc.

The above sentiment ran into my second point of those that see nothing to gain by getting a job because they are more accustom to the government housing and the government checks. I agree that it is not the "vast majority" as I accidentally ran those points into one. But, there are very many. I had the oppurtunty to meet them over the past 8 years traveling and helping acclimate those that are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc generation welfare and houseing aid recipients. The number one concern by most of those that were at a point to recieve a job offer was how having a job would impact their "benefits". They would request less pay or less hours or just say no at all, and they would always say that it was because if they worked more than x amount hours that they would no longer get thier check, stamps, and housing assistance. I told several that if they took a job worked hard that they could be pround of what they have. I had a room of 2000 laugh at that saying they already had it and was pround they did have to work to get it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts