Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No biggie.No state income tax,no deductions.Modest refund.
Used turbo tax,again.
Punched in the numbers sitting in my P.J.'s at 2:30 a.m.,on Jan 21.
Opted for the mail instead of direct deposit.
Here when I got home.
13 days,counting weekends and holiday(?)
I know taxes suck,but that was pretty easy and quick.:thumb:

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
I'm waiting on a couple of 1099s to come in. Everything else is either already in hand and in the file or available on line which TT will import. Not really much stopping me from starting ours.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I adjust my withholding to be just a few dollars more than prior year's tax bill. That way I normally owe a little rather than getting a refund. My 1099s always seem to be late so I never get to file early.

Thanks for posting as it reminded me to order tax forms as I do taxes the old fashioned way on their paper.

·
The Legendary
218 Posts
Is Turbotax advanced enough for things like rental property expenses, uniform allowances, charity contributions, etc.?
I would say yes as they have a very big area for credits and deductions. If you do use the program do online you don’t pay until you file also you can pay more for a CPA to review or consult with one. I get that all services at a discount for using QuickBooks so I don’t know what the true cost of TurboTax is.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
Is Turbotax advanced enough for things like rental property expenses, uniform allowances, charity contributions, etc.?
Yes, been that way for for years. We use it for two of the three listed above and more including:

- professional dues, registrations, subscriptions
- depreciation schedules
- investments including capital gains and losses

And that is just with the Deluxe version. You can get more with Premier and Home & Business including:

- additional help for stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc,
- extra assistance for rental property income, expenses and refinancing
- retirement tax help

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've used turbotax for 16 years now. The only issue was when I used the free online program. Home and business is $69 with a discount at costco. I also used quickbooks.

I've never had any trouble, file electronically, have multiple businesses, 1099 and w2 income, about $30,000 in charitable deductions and highly recommend Turbotax.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Tax prep was easier this year. My plan worked out well I owed $351. I recalculated my 2020 withholding to add up to a couple of dollars more than 2019 tax bill. My plan avoids any penalty and estimated taxes. I don't like getting refunds, I prefer paying a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts