Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing the Taurus Judge ( fires both 45LC and 410 ) around . Selling at Academy Sporting Goods for 469.00 . Anybody own one or have any thoughts about how it fits into a home arsenal ?? Thanks in advance

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
it's pretty much a point blank device. Great for repelling car jackers.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
we tried to shoot clay birds with one from just behind the trap house the other night - it worked better once we switched from 45 colt cast to 410 bird shot

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
I have a S&W Governor
It goes 16+ inches in ballistic gelatin with Federal Handgun Buckshot
Goes 11.5 inches in denim test so 1/2 inch short there
It is very similar to the ballistics of the .36 six-guns used by Wild Bill et al except that it is four times what they used to great effect. I am certain that it will easily kill a goblin
I use #7 shot on snakes and they dead. No debate.
I have never shot .45 Colt or .45 ACP but clearly that would work.
So considering the ammunition versitility, it is a great gun to have around.
I have shot around 100 rattlesnakes around my home, so I know that the CCI shot shells work real good in various calibers. So, no you do not need a Judge, I would spend a little more for the Govenor, but as an all around survival gun, it will do the job with multiple calibers and that versatility is fantastic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jrUKu3TBHnU&feature=youtu.be
Video showing 16 inch penetration in bare gel

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Serious question as I don't know. Were you to make shotshells out of cut down and formed 460 S&W brass, how would the payload compare? There's no contest between 45 Colt and .410 slugs.

·
statists' be statin'
3,366 Posts
It's a fun gun. We usually shoot clays on my dad's farm on Thankgiving Day. A couple of years ago, the wind was blowing hard but we went out anyway. With the trap pointed into the wind, the clays would fly out for a few seconds, The would would turn them around, and come right back to you. You had to step to the side to avoid getting hit.

We got out my Judge. We were able to shoot clays that were coming back to us. We all got hit with chunks of broken clay but it was a blast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts