Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems pretty cool to me. It's small and packs a heckuva punch.

Plus, I'm seriously checking out .45lc lever action rifles. Ammo would be dual purpose and I'm pretty sure I could take a deer at 100 yards with one.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
It seems pretty cool to me. It's small and packs a heckuva punch.

Plus, I'm seriously checking out .45lc lever action rifles. Ammo would be dual purpose and I'm pretty sure I could take a deer at 100 yards with one.

Any thoughts?
Anyone make a 454 casull lever action carbine? Seems to me that if they do it wouls also load the .45LC as a .454 casull revolver will handle the .45 LC.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
I just don't see the practicality of the Taurus Judge unless you live in a snake infested area and load it with bird shot. you obviously haven't seen one. They are anything but small. Read this:
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm
I was just about to post that link..I thought the gun looked cool on the Taurus website, but not so much after I saw the test results.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have one as my "tractor gun" and keep 3 410 shells and 2 45lc in it. primary purpose: snakes and varmints when out in the woods. primary concerns: rattlers and skunks. It's new and so far I've only test fired it. have to agree about the recoil -- it's a bit substantial.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I was just about to post that link..I thought the gun looked cool on the Taurus website, but not so much after I saw the test results.
it's still kind of a cool gun. How many people here have one?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Agree with ya there...that long cylinder is kinda menacing! From what I understand, JUDGES are the ones that carry them! ;)
it's the perfect anti carjacker gun. or snake killer.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
GET OUT! Gimme your car!....
**BLOOOOOOOYAAAHHHHHH!!!!**
Take that, Mother F'er! hahahaha!

Yes, that does sound like a good use for it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The judge that I shot would shoot like a donut pattern. it would leave an almost complete circle in the middle of the pattern. I would have to shoot to the left or right for it to hit anything. I was using bird shot.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
The judge that I shot would shoot like a donut pattern. it would leave an almost complete circle in the middle of the pattern. I would have to shoot to the left or right for it to hit anything. I was using bird shot.
you could birdshot the car-jacker in the face, yet spare his eyes, nose and mouth! awww...now that's being considerate!
Sorry...it seems I got sucked into discussing car-jacking!:taped:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts