Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 24/7 .45 and never had any problems with it as far as mechanical, it was however not as accurate as I would have liked, and for the price I expect it to be accurate, now I could have just gotten a bad one, but I just sold it off and bought a Taurus PT1911 in .45, and it is dead on accurate, and a pleasure to shoot, for the money if I were going out to but a .45 I would go with the pt1911, or if u just like polymer guns, go with a M&P or Glock in .45. Now don't get me wrong i'm not a Taurus hater I own 3 of 'em now, they make good guns, and the new model 24/7 the G2 might be better than the one I had, but then again u never know.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I have tried one on a classifier and they shoot well. I didn't have any malfunctions with wadcutters but it was a brand new pistol.

There was daylight under front and rear sights, the mag release was a little slow, the trigger was strange and the cost is not far off the better names in the business all of whom make a better standard handgun than anything Taurus makes.

Although a decent handgun, they are not in the same league as a Glock, XD or S&W M&P. You can save the $100 by going with them but I would never do it myself. A fair number of shops won't even carry Taurus for all the guns they have to send back. However, they can be the better solution for some folks.

I don't like them but wouldn't complain if that's all I had.

It will be very difficult to find a purpose made holster from a local dealer. Mags and parts are not common in every store, either.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
I would pass on the long slide and get the OSS model. It has a match grade barrel.

Until yesterday, I had a OSS 9mm. Great shooter, very accurate and reliable(once I fixed a problem with DA misfires). Some don't like the trigger, due to the take up. However, if you shoot it properly and only release the trigger to reset, it is excellent. It has the shortest reset distance of any gun I know. It makes for very fast follow up shots.

I sold mine, and I am going to replace it with a 809 or 840. I found the barrel to be a bit too long for my liking. Not from a shooting standpoint, but from a carry standpoint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.