Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Not To Reason Why...
1,966 Posts
I love my Inova Emmissions Energy it was about 65 bucks, but it lasts over a year with 3v Ion batteries water proof, run it over with a truck and it can be weapon mounted with the proper addons.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just picked up a Maglite XL100 a couple of weeks ago at Home Depot. About $40, but this little light rocks. It runs on 3 AAAs; utilizes a motion controlled dimming feature for battery conservation, has variable strobe mode, SOS mode, nightlight mode, and something called "signal" mode which I have yet to really figure out its purpose.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I will have to agree with TimeTraveler... Fenix is awesome. I have a couple and prefer them to my Surefires and my Insights. Far less expensive than either of the other two. EagleTac is another brand that is relatively inexpensive and well built. EagleTac makes a flashlight that is 50 lumen for 14 hours and 220 lumen for 1.5 hours and runs on two cr123 batteries for about $50. They use CREE LED's too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I own both Fenix and Surefire lights. I LOVE the Surefire E2DL Defender. I own a Fenix LD20 and love that too. Honestly, Surefires are awesome and if you have the money go for them, but Fenix lights are cheaper and equally well built. The LD20 cost me 50 dollars shipped to my door. The Surefire cost me $130.

Go with the Fenix.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have two Streamlights, one is too old to read the name, the small one is a "Scorpion"; both will mess up someone's sight, momentarily. (Flash and move). Being cheap, I know I didn't pay $100 for either, and probably not both.
Not the same quality as a Surefire, but really close for the $.

·
PreparationInBubbaNation
2,503 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.