Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Just another perfect example of how man CAN change climate.
Man can have some limited LOCAL impact on climate.

But are you aware that the number of trees on the northern hemisphere is up quite dramatically over the last 100 years?

I notice little stats like that never make your radar. Only the doom and gloom that fits your preconceived notion of global warming is the only thing you seem to notice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's also happening in places you would not expect.
I grew up in Central Florida (Lake County) on a ten acre piece my dad bought in 1971. We had a 100 foot well with perfect clear tasty water. That well has been re-drilled twice in the last ten years and still pumps up black sludge on occasion.
My sister lives there still when I visit I never touch what comes out of the tap now. The state even made it that you had to own 40 acres to put in a new home if it wasn't already subdivided.
A lot to little to late.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Matt, we have more trees now than 100 years ago because we don't use them for fuel.
I live now in the hills on the western side of Virginia near a train line. Pictures from 100 years ago show naked hills now its pristine forest, maybe the only benefit from switching to hydrocarbons and not trees.

·
Appalachian Desert Rat
290 Posts
Matt, we have more trees now than 100 years ago because we don't use them for fuel.
I live now in the hills on the western side of Virginia near a train line. Pictures from 100 years ago show naked hills now its pristine forest, maybe the only benefit from switching to hydrocarbons and not trees.

The number of trees may be up, but they are no where the number when Europeans first arrived. Then it was an unbroken forest from the Atlantic seaboard to the Mississippi. In the early 1600's clearing an acre of land for farming was no easy task, as well as time consuming. It has been estimated that it took colonists 10 to 15 years to clear 100 acres.
After the Civil War the entire state of West Virginia along with most of western Virginia was clear cut leaving only a few acres of old growth.

http://www.patc.us/history/archive/virg_fst.html

·
Lazy Prepper
763 Posts
The "drought" is on the southeast of Brazil, the amazon rainforest is on the north. The rains in southeast come from the ocean, not from the amazon. Most of the evaporation in the amazon rains there again. And remember, winds... south... north... Think about it before repeating the bull**** the amazon deforestation is causing this problem.
And I say drought because rural areas are just fine. We don't have a drought, we have less rain, the big cities suffer from the lack of planning in infrastructure and their absurd size. The rural areas and smaller cities are just doing fine, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts