Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1880's american arms shot gun, yes it takes cardboard and blackpowder loads. When some distant relatives migrated from the hills of kentucky westward into kansas and missouri, they bought a cheap shot gun. This shot gun was used in part of the wagon train arsenal, they travelled in. No incident recorded at that time. During the depression era the gun really got it's use for fending off human varmints away from the farm.(loss prevention)When banks ceased up and were liquidating assests (money,gold) from thiere patrons, my great, great grandfather used the gun to get his cash and gold back. He hustled off in a hurry, hid his stash and was jailed for a year or so, they could not find evidence so he got off almost scott free.In the late 30's my grandfather used this gun on a road tramp on his way with his young family to california. He wasn't proud of the fact he had to use lethal force, but you have to protect you're own. Now it sits, with no monetary value, cherished by me in my gun safe.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
I have an old .22 short 5 shot revolver made by Forehand and Wadsworth. Been in the family for ever. I think before 1900. It's about the size of a Freedom Arms .22.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts