Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats 62 Bravo, In this forum I assume you are doing this for Self, family, neighbors and community. A most important and noble endeavor.
Btw: everyone else, I'm a newbie too. Been lurking for a long while absorbing and learning. But recent 'waves of change' that seem to loom on our collective event horizon cause me to rethink my silence..
Hello to everyone,
Thank so many of you for sharing your insights and knowledge,
and,
God bless

·
Banned
653 Posts
I've been through EMT-B EMT-I Paramedic and critical care paramedic. The first responder test is the easy one, just remember to answer questions in the order of Airway, Breathing then Circulation. If you follow the assessments you were taught you'll get the questions b/c they're written according to the order of your patient assessment.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If it is the same one as I took for being a Firefighter, it is not very difficult. Know hot and cold injury treatments and identifications. Know what is good for the different age groups when it comes to blood pressure readings and pulse rates. Know the difference in cpr between different age groups, when to administer ventillation and or compressions. I think there were some questions about the AED in there as well. I am sorry I cant remember alot of specifics, but it was not overly difficult. I remember feeling ill prepared when I took mine and did better than I thought I would do. If your worried I would suggest getting some practice tests from your local librabry or Barnes and Nobles type book store. Alot of them have some software included which gives you alot of scenarios and questions to answer, which I found useful for preparation.

Good luck, I am sure if your studying that much you will be fine!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the written today and passed. I just have to get by the practical on Thursday. Thanks everybody for the advice and comments.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Congrats! And good luck with the practical. I am sure you'll do just fine :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts