Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want a tactical gun that I can clear my house with, Put meat on the table with, and protect myself with after post SHTF. But theres a catch, I dont want it to be a black rifle (AR15, AK47, ect.), or a hand gun, or shotgun, or is semi auto, so if Obama gets elected it will be very unlikly it will fall under a gun ban. Any help will be greatly appricated.

·
FNG
106 Posts
SKS ,maybe? Even better a M1A, kinda expensive, but WELL worth it. And obama wants all your guns, so dont even worry about what types YOU want. Get what you need, not what the anti's want you to get. There is also a "grandfather" clause in most cases that will let you keep your gun as long as you had it before the ban passes, but you also cant get rid of it once the ban goes through.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most of Obama's gun comments are against weapons that can fire fast, fire a very long distance, or weapons that are usually associated with inner city crime. IMO a good quality 18" - 24" barrel shotgun with nice wood detailing would seem the most legit for hunting purposes. A short barrel shotgun is great for home defense and can also be used for hunting game just by switching shell types. Shotguns are also at the cheaper end of the cost spectrum.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I like the way Jerry D is thinking! Lord have mercy why does Savage not make this fine gun still?

Due to availability though your likely to not find one on the used gun rack at your local dealer or pawn shop. I think a 30-30 though might be a good solid second choice. Maybe even a Browning BLR is you got some extra fun dollars and can spring for it.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Depending on barrel length now how about a manual shift AK-47 or SKS???:D::D::D: A .30-30 lever action fits the bill well. I lean twords Marlins 336. You have 5 (16") or 6 (20") rounds. If you worry about magazine capacity think of it this way. Shoot one,load one, shoot two, load two just like a tube fed shotgun.

Also think about a .44 magnum lever action for 8+ rounds on tap and it has more energy at distance (100 yards to 600 yards) and you can have a handgun chambered for a common round.

Marlins can also be made as Tacticool want and it's still "just" a levergun.

To see some of the neat stuff a levergun can do go to WWW.leverguns.com and www.Marlinowners.com.
Rifleman 336

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Marlin 336 chambered in 35 Rem.

But I would not worry about a ban. I think existing guns will be grandfathered.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
I dont want it to be a black rifle (AR15, AK47, ect.), or a hand gun, or shotgun, or is semi auto
About all that is left are bolt, lever or single shot rifles. You don't mention caliber, do you have a favorite? A scout rifle would be light enough and short enough to clear a house, powerful enough deer hunt and for protection. Plus I would hope bolt guns would be one of the last taken. If it comes to that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts