Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the survivalist's food chest, peanut butter is an oft overlooked staple. Here I put a standard issue jar of peanut butter through its paces and determine its weight to usefulness ratio.

Ok, the jar was 18 ounces, small package, perfect for a backpack pocket. With regular loaf of standard white bread, approximate yield was 18 sandwiches. The spread consistency was rather high at lower temperatures, so in cold weather this should be taken into consideration, as you need to be able to make a sandwich as quickly as possible in case you feel hunger pangs in the middle of a firefight. Once emptied, with extra peanut butter coating the inside of the jar, this makes a handy bait for squirrels and rabbits. A small dab of this peanut butter on the end of a fishhook will make some decent field expedient bait, and peanut butter can be put to task as an emergency face camoflauge. So, peanut butter has decent nutritional density for its size, and belongs in everyone's SHTF go bag.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
ROFL! ;) Too right! :thumb:

Do you think that Aldi's brand compares more to Jiff or to Skippy or something else?

In the survivalist's food chest, peanut butter is an oft overlooked staple. Here I put a standard issue jar of peanut butter through its paces and determine its weight to usefulness ratio.

Ok, the jar was 18 ounces, small package, perfect for a backpack pocket. With regular loaf of standard white bread, approximate yield was 18 sandwiches. The spread consistency was rather high at lower temperatures, so in cold weather this should be taken into consideration, as you need to be able to make a sandwich as quickly as possible in case you feel hunger pangs in the middle of a firefight. Once emptied, with extra peanut butter coating the inside of the jar, this makes a handy bait for squirrels and rabbits. A small dab of this peanut butter on the end of a fishhook will make some decent field expedient bait, and peanut butter can be put to task as an emergency face camoflauge. So, peanut butter has decent nutritional density for its size, and belongs in everyone's SHTF go bag.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROFL! ;) Too right! :thumb:

Do you think that Aldi's brand compares more to Jiff or to Skippy or something else?
Actually, I'm a bit drunk this morning, I went in the kitchen and that is the peanut butter I had to make sandwiches with. I thought it might be amusing to do a tongue in cheek review like some of this "tacticool" gear that's out now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
For the same amount of calories, crackers wouldn't take up as much room, and you don't have to worry about the crackers getting mushed or going stale.

·
V
21,713 Posts
I cant think of anything worse than the munchies in a firefight.

We talking crunchy or smooth i wanna make sure I get my shopping list right :D::taped::thumb::confused::upsidedown:

·
Registered
578 Posts
PB is a great survival food! Lots of protein and fat, high in calories. Once I tried natty peanut butter (no additives, just crushed peanuts) I could not go back to Jiff or any of those types of brands.

Almond butter is my favorite though. It's a big part of my preps.

·
Trump=WhiteObama=BlkBush
10,176 Posts
Where's the Aldi peanut butter packed? The US?

·
1,794 Posts
It would be interesting to see the results of chowing down on 18 cold peanut butter sandwiches with nothing to drink. LOL. Might as well swallow portland cement or stuff corks up your...

Kidding aside, is great stuff and everyone should have an ample supply of it. Don't forget the water or Dew!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
try a peanut butter and bananas sandwich ..its very good on home made wheat bread..now me i am into a very high end typle peanut butter.. the company called is called .p.b.loco peanut butter and the other company is called peanut butter and and company ..
the peanut butter and company -x-here is the flavors i like .-x-cinnamon and rasin swirl-x-white chocolate wonderfull-x-dark chocolate dreams-x-bees knees-x-mighty maple flavors
the p.b.loco.company-x-here is the flavors i like-x-jungle banana-x-dark choc duo-x-jungle banana-x-raspberry white chocolate-x-sumatra cinnamon and raisin flavors...i try to keep a couple jars of each flavor in the house..but it seams to not be able to have the girls seam to eat all up ..so we have to buy the flavors a jar a month

·
Registered
289 Posts
last time i ate peanut butter was in ranger school in 1979--would have ate the north end of a south bound pig--grand son like it better then steak--if push comes to shove--might be like thanksgiving

1 - 20 of 20 Posts