Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Appalachian Adventurer
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone.

I am looking for a tactical flashlight. I don't have many requirements. I would just like it to have one with the strike points around the emitting end. Perferably I would like for it to have the switch on the back end of it.

My problem is that I'm on a budget, poor college student and all. If possible, I would like to spend less than $50.

Any reccomendations?

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for being so late on the reply! I am also on a budget, so I understand your situation. I understand that you are looking to spend around $50. If there is any way you could manage $75-80 you should buy the Fenix PD 32. I believe it is something like 320 lumens and lasts a long time with 4 different settings. I does however take special batteries. They have a 10 year shelf life so that is s plus. Also they last a long time for the price if you dont use it for hours a day, even if you did they also make a similar model that take regular double A batteries with roughly half the lumens ( still a very good) light for the price. Both would suit you well, I believe.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hello again everyone.

I am looking for a tactical flashlight. I don't have many requirements. I would just like it to have one with the strike points around the emitting end. Perferably I would like for it to have the switch on the back end of it.

My problem is that I'm on a budget, poor college student and all. If possible, I would like to spend less than $50.

Any reccomendations?

Thank you
Look on EBay. You'll probably have to purchase a Chinese-made one for that money, but if you look around, I'm sure that you can find something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello again everyone.

I am looking for a tactical led flashlights. I don't have many requirements. I would just like it to have one with the strike points around the emitting end. Perferably I would like for it to have the switch on the back end of it.

Any reccomendations?

Thank you
hello Argartis I need led flashlights for camping purpose. We friend are planning jungle camping next month so flashlight is must. Can you tell reliable source to purchase them?:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Streamlight Pro-Tac 2AA. Not cheap to buy but you will save a buch of money on batteries. It's pleanty long enough for a man's hand. And it's more than bright enough, I have had lights that use the CR-123 battery & they were expensive to use, they might be a little brighter but not enough to justify the cost in batteries, imo.

·
Learning
6,682 Posts
I love the Streamlight Pro Tac HL...a shade above your budget; but it is 600 lumen! Very bright, I had it mounted on my rifle for awhile. Now it has gone to my dad.

The Streamlight Scorpion isn't as bright, but the rubber coated handle makes it easy to grip and you can even hold it with your teeth...you don't want to do that with exposed aluminum. This light is within your budget.

There are not specific points, but the 1st recommendation has ridges while the 2nd is raised to prevent damage to the lense.

Stick with a good brand though like Streamlight (all I use) or Surefire (1 given to me in the past) or another top flight brand that some others have mentioned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently receiving and reviewing flashlights from Olight. They have a great selection mostly tactical. You can find them on Amazon. I'm sure they'll have something that meets you needs.

·
The Darkside Cometh
459 Posts
Hello again everyone.

Any reccomendations?

Thank you
I know you said you wanted a "defensive bezel" but if you are on that much a budget, this wont kill you....

SureFire G2 Nylatron LED lights. I have one mounted on each of my rifles [about $45 each and 600 lumens], a SureFire 6P LED [1000 lumens] as a back-up duty light [more expensive than the G2] and a Streamlight Stinger LED [even more expensive than the 6P but also 1000 lumens].

Whatever defensive light you get, I suggest nothing less than 300 lumens and ONLY in a single output mode. It's either on or off....no 'toggling through' several modes when you need blinding light in an instant.

Just my $0.02

·
Hunting in Oklahoma
1,244 Posts
+1 on this I have 3 of them. One in my truck one next to my pistol in my nightstand and one in my BOB. Uses AAA batteries and is one of the best for the money. Has a strike points on the face, 10, 50, & 100% power levels plus a strobe and SOS mode on the back, a magnetic base, and the beam is zoom adjustable. Great flashlight and at a price that is very affordable. I leave my selector ring on 100% and strobe is only one click over if I choose.

Also I use this model for EDC. Runs off 1 AA battery and puts out 300 lumens. It's discontinued so Amazon has them for dirt cheap but I couldn't be happier with mine. Under $4 with free shipping.

UltraFire SK68 7W 300LM 3 modes Flashlight Torch, Adjustable Focus Zoom, Black - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts