Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Regarding tac knife placement.
I've got one attatched to the left shoulder strap of my BOB, ala standard military practise, but a few weeks ago I've fiddled with a new idea and it works great.
I affixed my CRKT's zytel sheath horizontaly at the rear of my load bearing harness. The First Strike sheath has an adjustable clip with screws.
I can't emphasize at how good a draw it is. It's incredibly fast and natural, I just move my hand slightly to the rear and it's out. Believe it or not, the draw is so fluid it's quite deceptive. If you're in a situation where you need to low crawl, it's not in the way, and I can throw a bomber jacket over it and it's concealed completely. The only drawback is if someone comes up from behind and tries to pull it out, but if someone has come that close behind you without you noticing them, you're going to be in a world of hurt already.
Tried the rig this morning with hagana training and it works really well.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am sure many vets will atest to the fact that any thing on your front including butons keps you from geting closer to the ground. The back mount seems like a good alternative IMHO . On my person still is my preference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts