Votes: 11 55.0%
  • T Boone is looking to cash in

Votes: 9 45.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think T BONE is full of it except for getting rid of dependency on foreign oil.

I'll get right this time hopefully. DUH

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Link or something? I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about :eek::

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I bet you cant guess where he is invested in now ??? Maybe wind ............hhhmmmmm.

Remember the Carter years ??? We should be driving hover cars by now .

·
Registered
175 Posts
You should have included an answer that reflected somewhere in between, which is probably the truth. He doesn't have to do anything about anything. He could've sold his endorsment to one or the other. We might need to drill, but we need other fuel sources as well. If he does the work, why shouldn't he get paid what the work is worth?

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,307 Posts
I didn't vote because there was no option for "I don't care as who does what as long as it gets me to work everyday cheaper".

·
Banned
653 Posts
T Boone in heavily invested in a large windfarm in North Texan thats threatening to flop, he's tying to protect his investment in wind, and trying to cash in on is investments in compresses natural gas.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/apr/14/windpower.energy

He's protecting his investment.....Wind may work in Texas but it will only work for about 3 months out of the year here in SC.....Nationwide wind will not work.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Wind also isn't reliable like coal, oil, or nuclear. The wind blows and then it slows down. And then it speeds up. It's not consistent. Adding a little wind is probably an okay idea, but on a large scale it's a bad idea.

Pickens is doing the same thing the corn lobby did. Taking a bad idea and making it "feasible" with massive subsidies.

·
Registered
488 Posts
He manages BP Capital, a venture capitalist fund that generally starts and funds its own projects and takes a million dollars just to get in the door from what I hear. I don't know why he made Clean Energy (gas conversion vehicle company) public but keeps everything else private like his wind farm, somethings fishy about it.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
He is just as crooked as his son. He thinks his money will buy everything and it definitely bought him a university.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
i think its like what the old woman said that peed in the ocean, every little bit helps.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Maybe Pickens is full of it, maybe not. At least he is generating some debate.

Who else is out there suggesting a detailed course of action other than "check your tire pressure"?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Wind

T Boone in heavily invested in a large windfarm in North Texan thats threatening to flop, he's tying to protect his investment in wind, and trying to cash in on is investments in compresses natural gas.
Old "T-Bone" put his installation in the wrong place... if he located it just outside Washington DC there'd be more than enough wind to power the whol damn country!

The wind blows, and so does our government.
:upsidedown:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I think he's got the right idea.And, if he makes a few bucks on the side thats fine. I would try to myself

·
Be prepared
103 Posts
I think he should say how he thinks so much of America why then did he pull all his money out and is using the Ero instead so he makes his money and sends it over seas and America gets none.... so he is full of IT!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts