Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Eclectic
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Middle East doomsday seed vault was located in Syria. They are now asking for seed from the Norway vault so that they can reestablish a vault in Lebanon for the Middle East.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/24/world/norway-seed-vault/index.html

If you click the link, there are a number of videos concerning events in Syria. Including the use of chlorine gas which has affected civilians.

·
Eclectic
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems that each area of the world maintains their own individual vault, as well as the main vault in Norway. The US has a vault in Fort Collins Colorado.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They should put them in the Norway vault and leave them there, the whole ME is in turmoil and last time I checked Lebanon is in the ME. Not a particularly bright move...
I thought kind of the same thing. Is it really time yet to try and establish a new ME vault? I mean, it's not like there's a whole lot of stability over there.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have a batch of survival (non-hybrid) seeds. I hope I never need them. It looks like many in the ME and EU will soon need theirs. That's quite a wait, though. I wonder if they have enough food reserves to last until then.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
They should put them in the Norway vault and leave them there, the whole ME is in turmoil and last time I checked Lebanon is in the ME. Not a particularly bright move...
The "Norway" vault is on Svalbard, that is just barely on the Eurasian plate. The seas around it has quite bad earthquakes. Only smaller quakes hit Svalbard so far, but that is pretty much just by chance. I'm not sure how bad quakes the vault is built for but I'm sure there is a limit.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I have a batch of survival (non-hybrid) seeds. I hope I never need them. It looks like many in the ME and EU will soon need theirs. That's quite a wait, though. I wonder if they have enough food reserves to last until then.
I do the same, I regularly buy heirloom seeds and add it to my stash of seeds. I think its prudent for people to store seeds, so that if it ever gets to the point where the world has gone to hell, at least we will have our own seeds to try and sustain ourselves, instead of having to rely on the PTB, who I'm sure will use the fact that they have the seed vaults, to control the remaining masses. Control the food and you control the people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts