Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ex-liberal :)
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my school, a lot of people have those Swiss army backpacks made by Wenger. About half of those backpacks have broken straps. The backpacks are fairly expensive, they seem like good quality, but the straps break. I have been using a Jansport backpack for a few years now and it had held up pretty well. Has anyone had any experience with the Swiss army backpacks?

·
Leave Me Alone
434 Posts
Don't Waste Your Money!!!

I had two of them. I carry a backpack everyday instead of a briefcase. Plus I wanted another one for use as a bug out bag. I let the Swiss Army Wenger Name fool me. The one I used everyday; the pockets inside were comming unsewn. the bottom of the pocket would open up and my keys or agenda organizer would slip into another pocket below it or into the liner. The zippers were always getting jammed. I finally trashed it. I sold the other one on Ebay because I didn't want failure on my BOB. Suggestion..... go with a real Military or surplus pack if you want inexpensive. If the price doesn't bother you too much, go with Blackhawk or some other professional gear company. Be it military / Police Tactical grade or pro Outdoor gear stuff, you may have to spend some extra bucks, but you will not have a gear failure. Most older surplus stuff may not be fashionable, or of totally modern design, but it will be functional and tough. For a medium size everyday pack or BOB, I suggest the Blackhawk "3 day Assault pack" or the "Phoenix". Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts