Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Carpe diem
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which Swedish gear people have? And why do you bought them? Do you like them and do you think this gear have high grade of quality? Over and out!
Sincerely yours, Tommy

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I tend to like the way the Swedish think. When it comes to gear. I have some Swedish mess gear. They nest together nicely. They are made of a high grade of steel.

·
Carpe diem
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
old or new?

I tend to like the way the Swedish think. When it comes to ge Iar. I have some Swedish mess gear. They nest together nicely. They are made of a high grade of steel.
Is it the old surplus gear you have? or the new trangia, primus or optimus, wondering only?

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I have used and sold their Mora knives and fire steels. I like both but I love the Moras. They are the best buy for the money and take an unbelievable edge. I keep one in my BOB and carry one when I am camping and hiking as a back up blade.

·
Crazy old man
1,287 Posts
Lets see, I have 3 swedish day packs, 3 piece sleeping bag, 10 to14 thermal pullover shirts, 2 parka. Not very expensive and does the job very well. Just wish the parkas came with hoods.:thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
It old surplus I think. I got it from a Army Surplus store. There is a GENSE EXIRA STAINLESS SWEDEN with three crowns on each one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I collect old Svea 123 type stoves, like primus, optimus, etc. (anyone want to get rid of theirs? ) I'm also into the svea trangias. Through the years I have seen nothing but first rate quality on all things Swedish. I'm surprised the Chinese haven't started making fake Swedish crap.

·
Don't Tread on Me
381 Posts
I don't have any that I know about. I really want that Light my Fire thing you were talking about though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have some Swedish gear and like it a lot. I have the army mess kits, the Mora clipper, the firesteel. All three are in my BOB right now. Plus I have some surplus wool trousers on order for this winter. I definitely think the Swedish gear I've experienced so far is a good value.

·
Forum Administrator
16,781 Posts
I have a swiss gear 2 man tent I bought at wal-mart. I am not happy with the design and have a never used it on a camping trip.

My kids and I set it up in the front yard, took it down and put it in storage.

But yall might be talking about stuff made in Sweden, as composed to the brand name - "swiss gear."

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
I have a swiss gear 2 man tent I bought at wal-mart. I am not happy with the design and have a never used it on a camping trip.

My kids and I set it up in the front yard, took it down and put it in storage.

But yall might be talking about stuff made in Sweden, as composed to the brand name - "swiss gear."

Just had to do it...sorry...heh-heh!

·
"Always Be Prepared"
250 Posts
Svea stove, Helle knife, Mora knife, fire steel, and Swedish compass, all of which is great quality. Don't out-source to the Chinese!!!!!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts