Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hah... I think I don't wanna go in the winter. Night life, what night? We had one long arctic day....

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Let me start by saying thanks for the pictures. A lot of work went into them and they certainly brought up some long forgotten memories.

That being said...

Looks like Iceland, a place I'd rather forget...

The geothermal activity there was interesting, the people were the best and the aurora was cool, but the isolation was the pits, particularly when the snow was deep, the temps sub-zero and the wind howling (all the sidewalks had hand rails so you could find your way from building to building in a blizzard.)

I expected to be spooked by the 24 hrs of darkness, when in fact it was the 24 hours of daylight in the summer that was freaky... We painted our windows black to keep the sun out... Made things seem more "normal". My time in Iceland was, by far, the longest year of my life.

Allan

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
Whoa, that looks like exteme living. You definitely need survival skills there.
I like the big satellite dishes...cool

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Huh? I see a pretty lady in the pics,hence I gather someone else is shooting the pics.Perhaps the lady's hubby. Its the internet,I have no idea who's-who,or their gender,unless its specified.I guess I'll just stand by my statement.She's pretty.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Huh? I see a pretty lady in the pics,hence I gather someone else is shooting the pics.Perhaps the lady's hubby. Its the internet,I have no idea who's-who,or their gender,unless its specified.I guess I'll just stand by my statement.She's pretty.
AW, just yankin yer chain, FredLee. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts