Survivalist Forum banner

Which show do you think is better?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you think is the better program? Why?
Personally I like Les Stroud better than Bear Grylls. Bear just runs around and takes chances no one in a survival situation would take. Plus he has like 10 people with him and hes never out in the middle of nowhere. One episode was filmed in the woods behind a hotel haha.

Thats my .02, whats yours?

·
Registered
220 Posts
haha! I just posted something similar on Facebook. I think I wrote that Survivorman could outlive Bear Grylls anytime, anywhere :)

Not gonna lie though...I watch Bear Grylls because he always seems to eat gross things and gets nekkid and he has a pretty rockin' body!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I prefer Bear Grylls simply because it is far more entertaining. My wife and I also like to watch the one with the guy and his wife (I don't know what it is called because they rename the shows for the Spanish Audience).

I don't really watch any of them for education value. Doing what Grylls does WILL get you killed. For education I prefer these boards and YouTube by a long shot.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha! I just posted something similar on Facebook. I think I wrote that Survivorman could outlive Bear Grylls anytime, anywhere :)

Not gonna lie though...I watch Bear Grylls because he always seems to eat gross things and gets nekkid and he has a pretty rockin' body!
My girlfriend says the same thing lol.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prefer Bear Grylls simply because it is far more entertaining. My wife and I also like to watch the one with the guy and his wife (I don't know what it is called because they rename the shows for the Spanish Audience).

I don't really watch any of them for education value. Doing what Grylls does WILL get you killed. For education I prefer these boards and YouTube by a long shot.
Youre talking about Man Woman Wild. That show and Dual Survival are pretty good. I didnt include them just because its two people. I think it would be "easier" to survive with two people.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've seen all the shows and this is my ranking of who's shows I would be willing to watch again.
1. Ray Mears
2. Dual Survival (Dave and Cody)
3. Les Stroud
4. Man, Woman, Wild (Myke Hawk and wife)
5. Bear

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think Dual Survival is probably my favorite wilderness show on TV. Dave Canterbury seems like a pretty knowledgable guy. Out of these two I'd definitely pick Les Stroud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I chose Survivorman. The only thing that Les does that bugs me is he makes everything over-dramatic. I wish he would explain a little more of what he does and spend less time working on his anguished expressions.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Bear is just crazy. does alot without thinking. fun to watch, but Perfer Les over him. Les at least is out there doing it on his own

·
Registered
8 Posts
I could not believe some of the things Bear Grylls advocates doing, there will be a headline one day, something like "Man gets rabies from listening Bear Grylls!" "Man fall to his death, by listening to Bear Grylls!"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go easy on Bear- while I agree with everyone that he's a risk taker, he and I share 1 trait- we both like to eat. I love the fact that he drops out of a "heli" and lands on wild boar, stabs it, and has it over a fire within 30 minutes of arrival. Dave Canterbury too. We all like to eat. Les will go days w/o eating. Seriously though, I do like the fact that bear will spend more time hunting than foraging.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Go easy on Bear- while I agree with everyone that he's a risk taker, he and I share 1 trait- we both like to eat. I love the fact that he drops out of a "heli" and lands on wild boar, stabs it, and has it over a fire within 30 minutes of arrival. Dave Canterbury too. We all like to eat. Les will go days w/o eating. Seriously though, I do like the fact that bear will spend more time hunting than foraging.
I guess this backs up a statement I read somewhere about Bear Grylls is mainly a dramatic entertainment show. Its not an informative survival show. Hunting in a genuine survival situation is mostly a waste of calories. Im reminded of an episode of Survivorman where Les spent all this effort to set up traps and then he got nothing.

All of Bears stuff is scripted and planned out. Some of the stuff he does is kinda cool though hehe

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think Dave Canterbury's favorite line is "I didn't see another way around, did you? Nope you didn't, looks like we're gonna have to repel"

·
Registered
5 Posts
survivor man for sure. Bear is cool and all, but he does some overly dramatic things and threatens his own life when unnecessary

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
I've never had the chance to watch Les's show, but I have watched Grylls and doubt I would be doing much of what he did in his show.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts