Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
If my home (I dont mean just my house) was destroyed I don't think I'd want to be around to live some post-apocalyptic existence. That'd be worse than death.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I thought there might be some useful info there, but I gave up at the halfway point. Seemed like a pile of disarmament/peace geek type stuff to me.

www.buildanark.net has a great video that's actually on nuclear survival and it's broke down into easy to follow terms and strategies. It doesn't go on and on about how bad everything is, it's more geared towards SURVIVAL.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, actually if you watched until the end, you would have seen the practical tips. I believe the presenter even mentions that in the beginning of the video. Also, if you move your cursor to just above the slider bar, you'll see the practical tips portion of the video is bookmarked, so you can retain your closed-minded attitude on nuclear politics and still benefit from the research that the presenter has compiled.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah, actually if you watched until the end, you would have seen the practical tips. I believe the presenter even mentions that in the beginning of the video. Also, if you move your cursor to just above the slider bar, you'll see the practical tips portion of the video is bookmarked, so you can retain your closed-minded attitude on nuclear politics and still benefit from the research that the presenter has compiled.
I'd prefer to keep my "closed-minded attitude on nuclear politics" and listen to someone who is like minded, thinking along the same way I am and not expecting/blaming/crying that the gubmint isn't helping us, not some liberal douchebag that is pushing a left wing agenda intermixed with some very basic "tips."

But thanks for the insult anyways :thumb: Appreciate that!

·
it tickles dont it
228 Posts

30 minutes to wait for 5-6 minutes of basic get out of the way advice....or .5 seconds to skip all that and view the 5 minutes of basic info...
To me what i saw was basic regurgitated 80's era NBC info . Basic and good, but the rest of the movie was lame. just my 2cents!:thumb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd prefer to keep my "closed-minded attitude on nuclear politics" and listen to someone who is like minded, thinking along the same way I am and not expecting/blaming/crying that the gubmint isn't helping us, not some liberal douchebag that is pushing a left wing agenda intermixed with some very basic "tips."

But thanks for the insult anyways :thumb: Appreciate that!
You didn't watch the video, so why make such a judgement? If I had to classify the presenter's position, I would say that he is very much a nuclear realist. I didn't here much blaming/crying about the government here. Just an acceptance of nuclear politics and the potential consequences that follow.

By the way, this

I'd prefer to keep my "closed-minded attitude on nuclear politics" and listen to someone who is like minded, thinking along the same way I am
Is the funniest thing I've read all day.

And you are most welcome :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts