Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indeed.

I did not quite expect to find myself in this situation and then all of a sudden, here I am.

"C'est La Vie, Oui?"

I suppose that it is a blessing that I have always been fiercely independent and have had to live alone for most of my life, kind of a 'preparatory phase' anterior to the possibility that I would have to fend for myself, in a SHTF or more particularly, in an EOTWAWKI scenario.

[shaking her head]

Damn...

Obviously, for a lone woman, this would be something of a potentially very dangerous situation. It goes without saying that I would be armed at all times with two handguns and at least one knife.

Pepper spray would be a prudent measure, I would think.

I would have anyway, but I would have to camouflage certain physical attributes [the breasts and derriere come to mind] and be as nondescript as possible. BDUs or cammys would seem to be imprudent, as some may perceive me to be an agent of either the military or police and so be inclined to visit some form of violence upon me.

Thanx, but no thanx.

I do have something of an advantage in terms of size and physical strength [I don't quite fit the definition of 'petite'] and dressed prudently, I could pass as a male, although I would have to consciously suppress certain gender-unique mannerisms and styles of function and movement.

I am thinking that being a lone female in a terrible situation, that it would be prudent to affiliate with a trusted group of survivors.

There are some real 'animals' [of the two-legged variety] out there and I can envision a scenario where that capture by a group of these would be imminent. Given that rapes and gang-rapes would be a real threat, this would leave me with no other option than to do myself.

I will not permit that to happen.

It will be a very high stress environment for me. Perhaps, I had better stock up on cigarettes.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Hey Lady, You know you have a place to come to if things get bad. It would be a long trip and a dangerous one. I have friends between us so it would just be a matter of "connect the dots".

Never consider eating the barrel until you are completely cut off, surrounded and down to the last bullet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, that is something. I am a single mom with two kids and doing that sort of thing is not even in the cars, but I have worried about the same thing, traveling alone with two small kids, what danger would that put us in. i am scared but prepared to survive

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
Lady, how do you know you will be alone? What if you meet someone tomorrow? What if he is your soulmate? Is this a spin-off thread from your "Love is ephemeral"? I was being a wise-a$$, and I apologize if I hurt your feelings. Always look on the bright side of life....just because recently broke up with someone doesn't mean life is over for you. You have a few things going for you. Geesh! You just need some down time, reflect on your previous relationship and let him go, move on. Keep you head up and before you know it- when you probably least expect it, you'll meet someone new. It happens all the time.

FYI...you're NOT alone! There are lots of single women who are preparing themselves without the help of any man. Don't expect to fall victim to the thought of "I'm a single gal- so I'm doomed"
Hogwash! I think you're a little depressed. That's all. You have preparedness knowledge, or you wouldn't be here in this forum. And you have friends, albeit beyond your monitor...but friends nonetheless. So you also capable of meeting others in the flesh. And who knows, maybe you are blessed to find a group of like-minded friends who are into survival as well.

cheer up girlie...you have a lot of open doors. Get up out of the dark corner and realize what you have and who you are.:)

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Lady, how do you know you will be alone? What if you meet someone tomorrow?
That is youth speaking. While hope springs eternal with each passing year a soulmate becomes less and less of a possibility. The pieces fit together well when one is young, stupid, ignorant and relatively baggage free. At some point you come to know what you like, and more importantly, what you don't like. Most, not all, reach a point in which they would rather be alone than be with the wrong person. Granted, it is a choice. I accepted my bachelorhood long ago, realized a match was not in the cards, and simply stopped the silly game of looking. If it happens it happens, if it does not it doesn't. End of angst. Other than missing an occasional toss in the hay and someone to commiserate with occasionally, life is good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well i may be young and time my be different for me but 4 years was a long time to wait when i was 25 i finally meet my wife and been together for about 4 years
also who says you have to love them sexually you could just love them as a friend/soul mate

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that you find yourself in that circumstance; finding oneself suddently alone can leave a person feeling sort of like a boat not tied up tight enough to the dock, banging around hard when the swells hit.

It's a sad commentary on our world that a woman alone is most often not accorded the respect that a man would be, but that's the world we live in. Trust your instincts [once the shock of sudden singleness has abated a bit] and take stock of your situation.

Whatever you do, don't rebound. Take your time. Let go for a while of what you want and concentrate on what you need. Take care of yourself, too.

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
That is youth speaking. While hope springs eternal with each passing year a soulmate becomes less and less of a possibility. The pieces fit together well when one is young, stupid, ignorant and relatively baggage free. At some point you come to know what you like, and more importantly, what you don't like. Most, not all, reach a point in which they would rather be alone than be with the wrong person. Granted, it is a choice. I accepted my bachelorhood long ago, realized a match was not in the cards, and simply stopped the silly game of looking. If it happens it happens, if it does not it doesn't. End of angst. Other than missing an occasional toss in the hay and someone to commiserate with occasionally, life is good.
STRAIGHT!!! How awful! What a "glass is half empty" kinda guy! No woman I know will ever gravitate towards such a bad attitude. You just haven't met the right woman! I swear I had this conversation with you somewhere in a past post..."stay at home childless wives" I believe.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Lady Falconessa,

I may have you mixed up with someone else, but I thought you and someone else on this forum were an item? Of course I am getting old and sometimes the brain just forgets but I thought it was you, maybe not.

I too am alone.

Its been that way for almost 9 years now, and I have no intention of changing that.

I found that I like myself just the way I am, with all the faults I have still intact as opposed to letting someone into my life and having them "change" me.

I don't know quite how to look at it from a woman's perspective and it could very well be that you have issues to contend with that most men wouldn't even consider...

As far as relationship advice I have to say that some people, male and female are so unable to cope with being alone that they are almost forced to find others, kind of like an addiction. I hope you aren't one of these.

Get to know yourself, if you havent already. Learn what kind of person you truly are. I bet youd be surprised that probably 98% of people out there have never done this.

·
Grand Poobah of Sarcasm
3,083 Posts
Having read your profile. I think you will find something turn up for you. You've got spirit and that goes a long ways.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts

I agree. Life is much better without having to put up with someone who is not good for you.

About the "occasional toss in the hay". I seem to end up going out to find some about twice a year. Thats enough for me, rather its enough for me to deal with without having to put up with the endless games that the women of my generation seem so intent on playing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I dont mean this meanly, but here comes some tough love as they say.

Stop the self pity, and get your head screwed back on straight soldier. I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt this si the worst that you have been thru just from reading a handful of your posts. This aint ****, you handled worst, so stop with the sour outlook and do what you were trained to do. Adapt and over come and drive on. Nuff said.

·
missed
11,240 Posts
I have a bumper sticker that says....

IT IS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST THAN TO LIVE WITH THE PSYCHO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
You so need to let me know where you got that, all that I find are psycho's. Where I do miss having someone to come home to every night, I am 23 years old and very content being alone. Besides I don't have to answer to anyone, I can do what I want, and I don't need to stress of having to take care or someone else other than myself. I know one day I will find the right man but right now I am doing me! I surround myself with friends, my friends and I hang out often, talk daily, and are there for me without question or without bitching. As for a roll in the hay hell you can find that ANYWHERE, that is not hard at all. Just do what makes you happy. Hell being single I spend my money on gas and preps, if TSHTF I have a bug out location with a couple members here so I always have a plan maybe you should have one too!

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
STRAIGHT!!! How awful! What a "glass is half empty" kinda guy! No woman I know will ever gravitate towards such a bad attitude. You just haven't met the right woman!.
Spare me and all single people the silly lecture. I am pushing 60 and simply not interested in such empty platitudes. I have met the right woman often. But she is already married, not interested, gay, or prefer to be alone et cetera. And with each passing year compatibility becomes far more difficult if not nearly impossible. My attitude is not a bad one but rather positive. I gotten on with enjoying life and chose not to mope over being single. And --GASP -- my partnerless life is quite quiet and pleasant. As I said a toss in the hay and someone to commiserate with now and then would be nice but I ain't looking for it nor do I need it. If it comes my way, fine, if not, fine.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i hope this is a basic fear of humanity at its worst thread, and not a hate anyone with testicles thread, but I see your point about wanting to be safe. ESPECIALLY if youre alone. Networking. You need a lot of networking- local, and a lot of it. Find friends that can help you out- so I suggest fellow preppers and survivalists.

Reactions: texjen
1 - 20 of 43 Posts