Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all prepare for what comes, Has anyone thought of how to protect from an EMP attack either from the Sun, or Nukes? I found this site where you can find anything from a Tent you can carry in your backpack, a Quick setup room like the Military uses in-war for communications , a stand alone Garage for your truck or car, or shielding for your entire home. As for me and my group we do have people that have a Pacemaker an EMP attack would kill them so I am shielding most of the rooms in my home. The web site is;
www.hollandshielding.com or
www.faradaycages.com
Both are same site.
They also have cable, window, and Vent panel shielding, or just stock so you can build your own Top of the line Faraday Cage. Maybe some of you know of other locations or sites to go to. Let us know

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Well, I have been saying this for months now. Every site I have been on and not much interest. Many think its an overblown fear. I do not. I bought a 1947 tractor and 1978 Jeep both of which are immune to any pulse weapon because they have zero computer parts. My backup inverters are stored unconnected in a small faraday cage as is my cb radio and short wave. I am looking for small television to stick in there as well as a lap top computer. The main concern I have is the Grid(power grid) going down. The information I have tells me that one or two high altitude nukes would disable the entire electrical grid in the united states. This would be a disaster worse then several cities being wiped off the map. Imagine every plane falling from the sky, cars going dead at 70 mph, hospitals losing power, refrigeration ending? millions would die in two weeks. Add a bio weapon super flu or virus and you kill 200 million Americans in a month. Not a pretty picture. the faraday cage will protect anything not connected to the grid. The pulses(three of them) are too fast for surge protectors and will fry anything hooked to the grid. If its plugged in its fried. If its a car and in the sight line of the pulse the computer will fry unless it has been built to withstand emp pulse like Military vehicles are. Planes ? I dont know the truth about planes. Some people think they will drop from the skies like rocks. I saw a car tested on the Military channel. They drove it under an emp pulse and it killed it. so cars most likely will not survive unless they are pre computer. They must have points and plugs. My jeep is HEI so I have a spare hei box in my cage just in case. My concern is losing my water pump but have been told that motors wont fry as they are more robust. Its IC CHIPS that are the most vulnerable. Integrated circuits are weak when exposed to power surges. The information on the web is pretty good so use those links and educate yourselves about EMP. KF

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Last week Iran tested a new missile that goes farther and it was learned that they also possess some type of detonator that is only used for nuclear bombs.

Israel will act soon out of self preservation and it will cause worldwide chaos because obama and Europe are feckless posers.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,254 Posts
Well, I have been saying this for months now. Every site I have been on and not much interest. Many think its an overblown fear.
I don't have much interest either. Not because I think it's an overblown fear. I think it's a very real and probable threat. I don't much care because I'm not depedant on electronics and electricity. I don't want to lose the internet, but if there's an EMP, having a working computer isn't going to benefit me anyway.

My fear is that an EMP attack will cause an instant major SHTF crisis of the highest order. But there's nothing I can do about it. If there was, I'd take a LOT more interest.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Iran doesn't have the ICBMs with the range to hit CONUS. Europe and anywhere in central Asia. I don't think Iran would survive if they launched a nuclear device anywhere. Having said that, EMP could massively disrupt this country/continent regardless of its origin.

·
2,112 Posts
recon369, you need to do some more recon.
They don't need to launch it from Iran, just a freighter off the coast in international waters. Their new rocket has a 1200 mile range.

They also don't much care if they're retaliated against. They (Shia) believe the 12th imam will come out of chaos and destruction. Ahmadinejad believes he is personally responsible for preparing the way for the 12th imam.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,597 Posts
Personally I think an EMP attack by Iran is highly probable. They have already tested for it and the international community doesn't have the backbone to stop their nuclear program.

There is another good site http://www.empactamerica.org/
Unless Iran is capable of building several dozen nucs they are unlikely to attempt a high altitude EMP strike on the US. Attacking the US would result in their destruction and that is not their intent (I think).

The are far more likely to attack Israel, push the US and England military out of the ME, and use the treat of further attacks to force the moderate ME countries to turn to their form of funamentalist Shea Isam.

Some of the fundamentalist have spoken about their true intent. Push the west out of their region and rebuild a unified Islamic empire know as the Caliphate.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Unless Iran is capable of building several dozen nucs they are unlikely to attempt a high altitude EMP strike on the US. Attacking the US would result in their destruction and that is not their intent (I think).

The are far more likely to attack Israel, push the US and England military out of the ME, and use the treat of further attacks to force the moderate ME countries to turn to their form of funamentalist Shea Isam.

Some of the fundamentalist have spoken about their true intent. Push the west out of their region and rebuild a unified Islamic empire know as the Caliphate.
It would only take one nuke at high altitude to knock out at least 90% of the US electrical grid. Two would get everything. The grid would not be up and running for up to 2 years after that because of lack of replacement parts. Iran already has the delivery capacity if shot from offshore ships. They lack the nukes (at least as far as we know) and also the technology of putting the nuke on the ICBM. Delivery accuracy is not an issue, they only need to put something 200 mi overhead in the neighborhood of some central state. The consequences would be mass starvation because of our reliance on modern technology.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Personally, I would (barely) prefer to be EMP'd and be sent back to the middle ages, than see our country crumble from within, and succumb to a globalist police state.
I would prefer the straight-on challenges of living without government,police,infrastructure and corporations, to the sneaky,subtle, knife-in-the-back threat of the high-tech,high tax,PC,enviro-Nazi Global movement enveloping us now.

·
2,112 Posts
Personally, I would (barely) prefer to be EMP'd and be sent back to the middle ages, than see our country crumble from within, and succumb to a globalist police state.
I would prefer the straight-on challenges of living without government,police,infrastructure and corporations, to the sneaky,subtle, knife-in-the-back threat of the high-tech,high tax,PC,enviro-Nazi Global movement enveloping us now.
I share your sentiments on that. I feel it would be like going back to the early 1900's though.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,254 Posts
If Iran (or anybody) can smuggle a nuke-tipped rocket onto a bogus freight vessel, they can lob the thing high from offshore and detonate it.
It's also thought that there are some Russian suitcase nukes already hidden in our country that may have been sold to terrorists. Those are the ones I worry about the most. Transportable and no worries about a launch being detected.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,513 Posts
Well, I have been saying this for months now. Every site I have been on and not much interest. The information on the web is pretty good so use those links and educate yourselves about EMP. KF
There seems to be Much interest in the NBC section which many seem to miss, I mean just look at All the posts about EMP, faraday cages, shelters etc. etc. and that is just on the most recent page > http://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

·
Silly Boyz TrucksR4 Girlz
224 Posts
I too, have family members with pacemakers and must try to have a bol available to shield them.
Thank you for this information !

·
Registered
695 Posts
I dont expect I would survive an EMP attack. I dont live in the countryside but in a small city. water would stop. toilets wouldnt work. while I can bug out to the countryside with my tent, I wouldnt survive long. so I try not to think about it, my prepping is mainly food and water storage preparing for prices to rise and food shortages and short term power outages. long term power outage, I just wont likely survive. but I am 60, I have lived my life. I will try to live as long as I can, but some things about my situation I just am not able to change.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts