Survivalist Forum banner

SurvivalistBoards.com Community Choice Awards!

3107 31

With the help of your Admin/Mod team, we've narrowed the list down to three of the most popular folding knives. Now it's time for you to select the best of the best!

Please take a moment to cast your vote for your favorite folding knife. Also, please let your community know what made your pick stand out from others!*

If you happen to own the item, feel free to share how, when, and where you've used it. Also, be sure to include a link to where you purchased your item so community members can take a look for themselves.

Your nominees are:

*We appreciate your opinions on this, and as a thank you for voting, we will be entering all eligible posts into a random drawing and selecting 3 members. The 3 winners in the draw will receive a free, one-year premium membership as a token of our thanks!

Have fun, and thanks for voting! 馃槉

Which one is the best of the best?

• Cold Steel Luzon Series Folding Knife with Pocket Clip

Votes: 21 15.8%
  • Victorinox Combat Utility Swiss Army Knife

Votes: 76 57.1%
  • Ontario Rat Model 2

Votes: 36 27.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I don't own any of them, but have similar to the Victorinox...so I voted for it.

Honestly, for me at least, most of the stuff the other two can do I would use a fixed blade for. The Victorinox has more options that a standard fixed could not do.

Registered
Prefer a Get Home Bag.
I'd take the Rat. Similar to my orange Buck spitfire. Thick blade, steel belt clip, and easy to find if you drop it. Not crazy about it being made in Taiwan, but I'm guessing the Luzon must be made in PRC, because it only shows one side of the blade in the link. Also looks cheap, too much plastic and a skinny blade, and looks just like a switchblade, which I don't care for.

I'll buy "free" chinese, but not "commie" chinese. At least the Victorinox is still made in Switzerland.

Premium Member
Edited: I changed my vote...I finally found what we were supposed to be voting on.

"Please take a moment to cast your vote for your favorite folding knife. Also, please let your community know what made your pick stand out from others!"

My vote would be for the Rat 2. Solid lock, good steel, good price, flickable but not loose on the bearings, large enough but not too large.

Shadow Dancer
I went with the Cold Steel knife because when I want a knife I don't like having a bunch of other things in my way. I have had a lot of cold steel products and especially like their steel. It is fairly easy to sharpen, takes a razor edge. The steel is soft enough to take abuse without chipping like a harder steel does. With the softer steel I nearly never have to "sharpen" the blade with an abrasive stone and can recover the edge with a steel.

Twisted, sick, smart***, occasionally sarcastic...
I wanna be entered in the drawing cold steel is the best. Yeah that's the ticket......

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.