Survivalist Forum banner

SurvivalistBoards.com Community Choice Awards!

3146 31

With the help of your Admin/Mod team, we've narrowed the list down to three of the most popular folding knives. Now it's time for you to select the best of the best!

Please take a moment to cast your vote for your favorite folding knife. Also, please let your community know what made your pick stand out from others!*

If you happen to own the item, feel free to share how, when, and where you've used it. Also, be sure to include a link to where you purchased your item so community members can take a look for themselves.

Your nominees are:

*We appreciate your opinions on this, and as a thank you for voting, we will be entering all eligible posts into a random drawing and selecting 3 members. The 3 winners in the draw will receive a free, one-year premium membership as a token of our thanks!

Have fun, and thanks for voting! 馃槉

Which one is the best of the best?

• Cold Steel Luzon Series Folding Knife with Pocket Clip

Votes: 21 15.8%
  • Victorinox Combat Utility Swiss Army Knife

Votes: 76 57.1%
  • Ontario Rat Model 2

Votes: 36 27.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
You name it I got it or I can make it...
the SAK, but for different reasons than everyone else. The other two knives are considered assisted open knives, which is illegal in several states. The SAK is the only knife that your not going to have problems with Smokey.

If not for that fact, would have chose the Rat2, but that is only cause I own the Swiss Champ & Work Champ XL which is not only larger, but has more features then the SAK u have listed.

Registered
I use other knives a lot more then my swiss army ones but I picked the victorinox because it's so useful and has a brand legacy. I found a swiss in an old tool box once, it had some surface rust on it which surprized me but it buffed off to a glossy finish and never rusted up again? Never seen steel do that before. So if I only had one and was away, sure, a can opener and the screwdrivers make it a smart choice.

Registered
in my younger years with no dexterity issues i owned a victorinox..

today with arthritis in the hands and no strength i tend run a full tang with belt cutter and leatherman for pliers at pinch i try to avoid tentioned springed multi tools at 45..

because they become a liability if you can't even open then up

I recommend victorinox if you have no issues opening them and using the tools otherwise they are unnecessary and dead weight if you can't use them, though only great as convo piece around the camp fire otherwise pretty useless in practical use..

Registered
The Rat 2 is nice but SAK for the utility.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.