Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search and I could find a listing of general rules to go by for survivalist.

lets see how this goes.

Anyone who can word a rule better can replace it.
Ill be keeping a blank post and update it regularly for everyones rules.
If three people can logically prove a rule is wrong than its out of the master list
rules should be numbered in order
Should be general and related to survival
not be general life sayings " check twice cut once"
Numbers don't mean how important a rule is.

Ill start us out

#1 having more guns than ways to purify or filter water will get you killed.

Mods if this is in the wrong section please don't hesitate to move it.

if this post is pointless or dumb please don't hesitiate to yell at me.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1. having more guns than ways to purify or filter water will get you killed.
2. Cooperation will be crucial for survival
3. Trust is like a loaded firearm, you dont just give it to anyone.
4. Loose lips sink ships. Tell no one about your preps.
5. Prep for the worst, hope for the bes
6. Better to use your imagination now, think of possible problems and prevention, than to hope you can think your way out of anything that could come up later.
7. if your bob doesn't have a compass your either a badass or stupid.
8. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
9. Evade and escape, avoiding firefights and direct confrontations whenever possible.
10. No harm in appearing worried, wasted, like you have no preps: i.e. wear dirty clothes, don't shave in order to avoid appearing like you are set only to get robbed.
11. - Prepare for most likely scenarios first i.e. - job loss, earthquake, hurricane (depending on where you live). Once you feel like you're prepared for those, then prepare for larger scale teotwawki stuff.
12. Few have died because they kept fighting; many have died when they stopped trying.
13.Adapt to change rapidly,keep your head,and practice different survival scenarios
14.Stay informed,weather,riots,nuclear events,etc.etc.
15 Store a years worth of food and you can eat for a year assuming it's not destroyed, stolen or abandoned. Learn to hunt, fish and farm and you'll be fed for life.
16: Dont judge a book by its cover...
17: Courtesy doesnt always mean weakness/softness
18. Practice your skills and then practice them again. Don't wait for an emergency to learn how to deal with it.
19: Dirt time hurts, but dead hurts worse.
20: Don't let your hydration Blatter pee on you.
21: One is none, two is one, four is two...........
22. a few books and supplies in hand now, and it will be possible to keep up a basic level of education. The priorities might change, as needs change, but education of some kind is always needed.

·
7,504 Posts
6. Better to use your imagination now, think of possible problems and prevention, than to hope you can think your way out of anything that could come up later.

Edit: I was delayed in coming back to change my number, but I see it's been worked around.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
Air
Water
Food
Shelter
Safety

Add subcategories as your heart and pocket book allow you to.

It’s your life, you get to make the rules on how to live it.

·
7,504 Posts
Is it me or are there a few people here that have issues with counting? LOL
In base ten, base two, or base sixteen?

Determu and I had to have been typing at the same time, it was so close.

For what might be #16 (17 if someone else is posting at the same time,) a few books and supplies in hand now, and it will be possible to keep up a basic level of education. The priorities might change, as needs change, but education of some kind is always needed.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts