Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been covered but I couldn't find a whole lot of survival, government, or independence based music other than the cliche System of a Down, or old anti-Vietnam jingles. I'm more interested in stuff like Bambu, Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique. It does't necessarily need to be rap but definitely with an anti-tyranny message. For inspiration:

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Popular musical trends are established by young men who 1) are musically ignorant thus they think their is sound original; 2) worldly ignorant thus they think their view is new and unique; and 2) fixated on what they want or dislike.

Young men have no interest in survivalism, hence no survivalist music. You'll have better luck at finding anti-zombie music, which points out what a farce popular music is.

·
Zomby Woof
14,263 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been covered but I couldn't find a whole lot of survival, government, or independence based music other than the cliche System of a Down, or old anti-Vietnam jingles. I'm more interested in stuff like Bambu, Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique. It does't necessarily need to be rap but definitely with an anti-tyranny message. For inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22l1sf5JZD0
Don't forget Uncle Ted.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Popular musical trends are established by young men who 1) are musically ignorant thus they think their is sound original; 2) worldly ignorant thus they think their view is new and unique; and 2) fixated on what they want or dislike.

Young men have no interest in survivalism, hence no survivalist music. You'll have better luck at finding anti-zombie music, which points out what a farce popular music is.
I am a 22 year old young man, my preps are solid, I'm politically involved, and hold two degrees from the second highest accredited Christian school in the nation...am I ignorant? I know it's hard to find "survivalist music" but not all political minded music is mainstream. I'm looking for the fringe, the modern equivalent of CCR, or Public Enemy. The real farce is that some people don't see that there is a minority who have become active, it's not pop culture, but activism isn't dead.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I am a 22 year old young man, my preps are solid, I'm politically involved, and hold two degrees from the second highest accredited Christian school in the nation...am I ignorant? I know it's hard to find "survivalist music" but not all political minded music is mainstream. I'm looking for the fringe, the modern equivalent of CCR, or Public Enemy. The real farce is that some people don't see that there is a minority who have become active, it's not pop culture, but activism isn't dead.
Is English your second language or did you not read what I wrote? Every successive musical trend today is created by ignorant young men. Not females. Not professional musicians. Not the degreed. By ignorant young men, particularly musically ignorant. There is no survivalist musical movement because it currently does not appeal to ignorant young men.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't asking for a particular survivalist movement, just friendly recommendations on music that shares some of it's ideas. I don't need any person to insult my intelligence, I just asked for this community to give some suggestions, isn't that why we are here? If I already knew eveything about the various musical movements that picque my interest I wouldn't be asking. By stating that I am ignorant, and all young men are ignorant than you have closed off yourself from believing in a future wih any hope whatsoever. We are your future, teach us, don't condemn us as the policies that your generation has allowed to be enacted has already done.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the record I never once asked for pop music, the selections do not have to be contemporary just idealistically in line with the survivalist movement to a degree, just good "listening music."

·
just me and mine
645 Posts
My personal suggestion for "survivalists music" would be bagpipes. Alot of the songs were written as resistance toward the dictatorship of the English rulers over Scotland.

A bagpiper and any listeners could/would be beheaded simply for playing/listening to the songs that the English decided to outlaw. Hence the Scottish would play these songs as defiance of the English.... main reasons for the defiance were the Scottish opposition to: over taxation, laws on personal weapons, and land ownership.

Surprisingly common to what most Americans face today. Albeit, a slightly different situation, but basically the same.

But that's just my pair of pennies.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
Hank Williams Jr.
A Country Boy Can Survive.

The preacher man says it’s the end of time
And the Mississippi River she’s a goin’ dry
The interest is up and the Stock Markets down
And you only get mugged
If you go down town

I live back in the woods, you see
A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me
I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long
I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn
We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too
Ain’t too many things these ole boys can’t do
We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine

Because you can’t starve us out
And you cant makes us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma’am
And if you ain’t into that we don’t give a damn

We came from the West Virginia coalmines
And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

I had a good friend in New York City
He never called me by my name, just hillbilly
My grandpa taught me how to live off the land
And his taught him to be a businessman
He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
And I’d send him some homemade wine

But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
For 43 dollars my friend lost his life
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Cause a country boy can survive

Cause you can’t starve us out and you can’t make us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma’am
And if you ain’t into that we don’t give a damn

We’re from North California and south Alabam
And little towns all around this land
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 for bagpipes, it's great to listen to while cleaning, gardening, or reading and it can't be beat as a morale booster.

·
Comrade
232 Posts
NIN-Survivalism
Damien Marley - Patience
Anything from Beast1333
Black Label Society - Too tough to die
Hatebreed - To the threshold, defeatist
That Handsome Devil - Elephant bones

Just some randoms.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I could probably give you at the very least 20 songs to listen to. The problem is, would you understand spanish or potuguese? Most oriented musicians and songwriters are not english speakers. Try some reggae from Damian like Paranoia said, and don't forget the name of his talent, Bob. From Bob you could listen to: Chop 'em down, I shot the sheriff, Redemption Song, I know a place, etc etc...

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I wasn't asking for a particular survivalist movement, just friendly recommendations on music that shares some of it's ideas. I don't need any person to insult my intelligence, I just asked for this community to give some suggestions, isn't that why we are here? If I already knew eveything about the various musical movements that picque my interest I wouldn't be asking. By stating that I am ignorant, and all young men are ignorant than you have closed off yourself from believing in a future wih any hope whatsoever. We are your future, teach us, don't condemn us as the policies that your generation has allowed to be enacted has already done.
I never said you were ignorant. I said ignorant young men are the source of musical trends in society (and have been for centuries in one form or another.) Females do not launch musical trends. Professionals do not launch musical trends. Today it is young men ignorant of music and life who launch musical trends. That is why there is no survivalist music. Young men are not interested in it. That is reality. Deal with it. Do you want to know where the next musical trend will come from? 15-year olds. (And while I make my living teaching survival skills my undergraduate degree is IN music. It is a topic I have more than a passing knowledge of.)

As for you being our future, don't kid yourself. You won't be the future for decades. Fortunately you loose that juvenile attitude somewhere around 40 and realize just how stupid and ignorant you were until your 40s, regardless of degrees, experience et cetera et cetera et cetera. Young men think old men fools. Old men know young men ARE fools.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I never said you were ignorant. I said ignorant young men are the source of musical trends in society (and have been for centuries in one form or another.) Females do not launch musical trends. Professionals do not launch musical trends. Today it is young men ignorant of music and life who launch musical trends. That is why there is no survivalist music. Young men are not interested in it. That is reality. Deal with it. Do you want to know where the next musical trend will come from? 15-year olds. (And while I make my living teaching survival skills my undergraduate degree is IN music. It is a topic I have more than a passing knowledge of.)

As for you being our future, don't kid yourself. You won't be the future for decades. Fortunately you loose that juvenile attitude somewhere around 40 and realize just how stupid and ignorant you were until your 40s, regardless of degrees, experience et cetera et cetera et cetera. Young men think old men fools. Old men know young men ARE fools.
You have a very bold idea. I know for a fact that you are on your total freedom to say you were a fool until your 40's, I can assure you that is your totally personal POV. I am not an ignorant. Nor have to be the millions of youth around the world just because a grumpy old folk says so. Possibly he won't be your future, but may be for the rest of the 6.7 BILLION people on the earth. Don't blame others for your past young life.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You won't be the future for decades
Good thing that nobody actually believes that or we as a race would sit dormant until we were 40 something. If this were the case that would mean that the first 30 something of our lives are all but waste developing fromtohu wa bohu until we have hit our peak of wisdom and slowly sink into our roles as advisors at 40ish. I am not one to make ignorant assumptions about a whole group of people based on race religion or age, I respect my elders and their accumulated knowledge but I will not short change the knowledge that I have as well. It may not be as extensive as yours in one area or another but I assure you we both have things as could teach eachother.

·
sturm maus
924 Posts
to answer the ? myself even @ 45 hav to hav RAMMSTIEN,ANGELSPIT,SKINNY PUPPY ,with old school MINISTRY. hey everybody has a reason to listen to or not listen to what they want.....IMO

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I was thinking that folk music or some form of acoustical music will be what survivalists will sing or play.

with little electricity being immediately available non electrical music will be the norm. Singing playing acoustical guitar, stand up bass and light drums will be the likely norm.

·
sturm maus
924 Posts
oh for the record dont kno the guy but in his defense the fact that hes on this website with preppers as a whole indicates that he probally dosent follow trends(the cattle of humanity)verry well.....lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts