Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you buy a subscription to the Survivalist magazine? ......... when was the last time you had a new issue delivered?

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
i got volume 2 last month after waiting since december for a magazine that they say will be on your door step every other month. if issue 1 was december, and issue 2 was in april, then dont expect issue 3 until august.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Of course the picture on the cover of issue 2 was totally wrong. Shows a man relaxing with his rifle which he clearly is not shooting at the moment and where is his finger......incorrectly resting right on the trigger. Really surprised they didn't catch this glaring oversight.

·
Recent Blog
357 Posts
Of course the picture on the cover of issue 2 was totally wrong. Shows a man relaxing with his rifle which he clearly is not shooting at the moment and where is his finger......incorrectly resting right on the trigger. Really surprised they didn't catch this glaring oversight.
Ironically according to the web site
http://completesurvivalist.com/
one of the subjects covered in that issue is: Seven Sensible Strategies for Teaching Gun Safety

Maybe it's the "Before" picture?:D:

·
Leave Me Alone !
907 Posts
There have been a couple of Survivalist Magazines over the years that have folded and left people holding an empty subscription. There was another one that folded about 10 years ago, that ended up giving subscribers another magazine for the remainder of their subscription.

·
Recent Blog
357 Posts
There have been a couple of Survivalist Magazines over the years that have folded and left people holding an empty subscription. There was another one that folded about 10 years ago, that ended up giving subscribers another magazine for the remainder of their subscription.
Google came up with this "survivalist" magazine:
http://www.survivalist.info/
But it looks to be more of a list of links than a "magazine" per se.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talked to the magazine yesterday afternoon ..... the're still alive ...... new issue (3rd) is shipping any day .......

·
Leave Me Alone !
907 Posts
Ironically according to the web site
http://completesurvivalist.com/
one of the subjects covered in that issue is: Seven Sensible Strategies for Teaching Gun Safety

Maybe it's the "Before" picture?:D:
One of them was American Survival Guide magazine. It was a pretty good publication. I think they were related somehow to Soldier of Fortune Magazine back in the 80's. Occassionally you can find back issues on Ebay and a few other places. I was a subscriber and after a couple of years, as I recall, they sent us a notice that they were going under. I think they gave us a choice of a couple of magazines as a substitute, but I can't recall what they were. Outdoor type stuff I think.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
American Survival Guide (circa 1980s)

One of them was American Survival Guide magazine. It was a pretty good publication. I think they were related somehow to Soldier of Fortune Magazine back in the 80's. Occassionally you can find back issues on Ebay and a few other places. I was a subscriber and after a couple of years, as I recall, they sent us a notice that they were going under. I think they gave us a choice of a couple of magazines as a substitute, but I can't recall what they were. Outdoor type stuff I think.

American Survival Guide is available online for individual issue downloading if anyone is interested in learning about 1980's survivalism .......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody, I'm the editor of Survivalist Magazine and I just wanted to let everyone know that the magazine is still alive and well... Things have been pretty hectic around here lately, as the date of our upcoming survival and preparedness conference approaches (May 28th-30th in Dallas) but the next issue is slated to ship out next week.

Being a new, independent publication with a small staff, I'm forced to wear a lot of different hats, and organizing this event has made it challenging to keep up with everything (especially in the last month or so). I apologize for the delay and any concerns it might have caused and I appreciate your patience.

I don't typically have a lot of time for visiting forums (or sleeping, eating, etc.!) but I'll try to check in here every now and then. If anyone has any questions, you can email me at: [email protected].

Also, if you'd like to check out the survival conference, you can go to: http://survivalist.com/conference for info on all the speakers, sessions and classes that will be taking place. I'm pretty excited about the line-up of experts we put together for the event!

·
American fearmaker
14,244 Posts
I think that would be pretty sought after in the San Francisco edition. And by all the male Democrats, especially the Chicago political machine...

·
Banned
165 Posts
Got it wrong.

SOF had Survive as their survivalist mag.

ASG was the gold standard until the parent company was bought out by a bunch of libtards.

When it finally died, they gave BackwoodsHome magazine for the rest of the subscription.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts