Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
DUUUUUHHH ---- any weapon in the hands of a criminal is dangerous.

didnt scream at computer --- was gonna but threw up first

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Did I miss the reason he was banned from owning guns?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
MOVE THE HELL OUT OF NEW JERSEY!!!!!!!!

Christ allmighty, that place (and New York) is so friggin anti-gun it makes me sick. When my girlfriend lived there with her folks, every time she went to the range with her handgun, someone called the police on her for 'looking suspicious', IE a terrorist because she is half indian and looks it. no matter that she has a federal ID, and the police showed every stinking time- to bitch and moan to the range owner.

I'm not gonna go into how utterly disgusting the film was. If I have to point THAT out- you wouldn't be here.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Too bad the clip won't play...on the other hand...maybe it's good for me that it won't. Dwind is right, I lived in Jersey just long enough to realize that I was in hell. I'm now living just outside of Denver (Hades), CO.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I just got the clip to work. Total BS! If the man doesn't have a felony on his record and he wasn't using the weapons in an illegal way then nobody has any business messing with him. The Constitution doesn't say that we have the right to keep and bear 3 arms. It just says ARMS. That's it! I have no idea what happened to the original spirit of the 13 Colonies but our founding fathers have got to be rolling around in their graves.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Suvivalist,

It worked for me AJ, but it sure upset me also. They say the word survivalist like
its a dirty word. And no they didn't say why he couldn't own anymore firearms,
like there was a certain limit he could own. IMHO.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
The man was bared from purchasing any guns. But they didn't say that he had been arrested for having these guns in his possession. Something odd is happening here.

·
Think for yourself.
68 Posts
"the police say the man who lived in this apartment wasn't supposed to have any more guns"... Why not? This video gives no explaination on why this man is barred from purchasing anymore guns. I think in the future we will be seeing much more of this. :mad:

Does your file say NO MORE GUNS?

·
Off-roadie
895 Posts
I just got the clip to work. Total BS! If the man doesn't have a felony on his record and he wasn't using the weapons in an illegal way then nobody has any business messing with him. The Constitution doesn't say that we have the right to keep and bear 3 arms. It just says ARMS. That's it! I have no idea what happened to the original spirit of the 13 Colonies but our founding fathers have got to be rolling around in their graves.
Totally agree action, but be had some goodies that you cant have on guns in that state. (like cali, new york), the HK clone with telescopic stalk and bayo lug, hi cap ect. its bull either way, but that sounds like the only law i can figure he broke. if any

·
Registered
43 Posts
It just goes to show what the media thinks of people trying to protect them self.God forbid if someone try to protect them self.That is only for law enforcement.I like the way made the word (surivalist) sound bad.LOL

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Here's a little more info... when I worked on newspapers we would have fired a reporter who turned in such stories without telling us WHY he was banning from owning any more guns since the 70's. (Probably a felony conviction.)

JERSEY CITY, N.J. - (WABC) -- Police have seized dozens of weapons from a home in Jersey City.

It is awesome firepower. Weapons that could fire rounds to pierce bullet proof vests and do considerable damage.

Jersey City police discovered the weapons on Friday after responding to a call of a man threatening another man with a handgun.

According to investigators, the victim was repairing his Ford Windstar in the driveway of 89 Dwight Street. When he went to the rear of 87 Dwight Street to retrieve a part for his van, the suspect, 55-year-old Edwin Wise, came out of 87 Dwight Street, approached him and said, "get off of my property." Mr. Wise then removed what appeared to be a black handgun from the small of his back and placed the gun to the victim's head and threatened him, police said. The victim then ran for safety and called for help.

Even had bathroom gun
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City officials yesterday displayed 28 deadly and illegal firearms seized at a city man's home last week - and used the bust to underscore Mayor Jerramiah Healy's push for laws to stem the tide of illegal guns coming into the city.

"This rifle is designed to do nothing other than to hunt man," said Police Chief Tom Comey as he picked up an assault rifle from a table covered with the seized firearms.

On Friday, police arrested former Jersey City Auxiliary Police Officer Edwin D. Wise, 55, of Dwight Street, at his home and charged him with aggravated assault and scores of weapons offenses, officials said. Police found at least one gun in every room of his home, including a pistol in the bathroom medicine cabinet, said Sgt. Anthony Musante.

In all, police found 20 handguns, two assault rifles, three shotguns and three rifles, including a handgun that fires rifle rounds capable of penetrating body armor used by police, Comey said.

Every gun was purchased illegally in North Carolina or South Carolina by Wise using fake names and phony Social Security numbers. As many as 10,000 rounds of ammunition were found.

Healy said New Jersey and New York have tough gun laws, but relaxed laws in some Southern states provide a source of illegal guns that find their way to Jersey City streets.

"This is why we have created legislation on the local level to prevent straw purchasers from distributing caches of handguns bought out of state on the streets of Jersey City," Healy said.

Comey said so far this year 348 illegal guns have been seized in Jersey City, a 29 percent increase over the same period last year. The chief said he wanted to make it clear that he and the mayor are not anti-gun, but are against irresponsible gun owners and dealers.

In 2006, Healy proposed and the City Council passed a "one-handgun-a-month" ordinance that would restrict individuals from buying more than 12 handguns a year. The ordinance was overturned by a judge and is currently on appeal. State legislators are poised to adopt a law based on the ordinance, officials said.

The City Council also passed an ordinance that requires gun owners to report a lost or stolen firearm within 48 hours. The state recently passed the same law, and tightened the reporting requirement to 36 hours.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Sounds like he ran into trouble back in 1975, and was barred from purchasing more guns. That might suggest he is a convicted felon, with a rap sheet and ATF file that precludes "more" purchases. Didn't say for sure one way or the other. If he IS a felon, then what happened was perfectly legal. I'd like to know just what the felony was, if there was one.

BTW, that PTR looked sweeeeet. :cool:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
yes, only survivalists evilly hoard WEAPONS OF WAR. Im still so pissed off I want to delete myself.

Or pack up some jerky- head into the mountains and timeshare with Jeremaiah Johnson

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
NJ is so anti-gun that a NYC cop who commutes through Jersey to get to work (many if not most) cannot have a gun on him. Even us NYers complain about Jersey's gun laws.

·
V
21,713 Posts
Labled a survivalist BUT neighbour said he wasnt radical or anything like that, Why the hell you gotta be radical to be a survivalist?

Cop made me giggle we found weapons by the bed stand (I bet lots of people have them)
We found weapons in the gun closet ( duh!!)
If these had gotten into the hands of criminals.....( from what I hear 99.9% of criminals over there own guns anyway does this mean his guns are more lethal than those owned by most criminals?)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The weapons I have are not weapons of war, but the only reason for this is that there is no war.
If all I had was a slingshot and there was a war, it would be a weapon of war.

The press allways gets its message across.

Now, as an interesting example;

Back in the 80'es there were a lot of military maneuvers in the north/barents sea. STANAVFORLANT and other navy formations where constantly practicing, to the irritation of the left wingers here who, at best believed the Soviet Union posed no threat to us, or at worst where downright traitors and 5.th columnists. These people/parties had their voice through the left wing press. But these cowardly journalists would never say out loud what they felt but rather try to sneak in their message through clever use of words and terms. I remember this little section once;

"A huge force of American and NATO warships are exersizing off the coast of Nordland while being closely watched by Soviet naval vessels..........."

Sounds OK? Well, maybe at first glance, but please look again and note the use of words. The journalist is underlining "american" as if that should have some special significance in a combined NATO exersize and puting it first to show who is responsible for the operation. Another point is the clever use of the words "warship" and "naval vessel". Now, to the general public there is a big difference between naval vessels and warships.

The lesson? ALLWAYS know who wrote the article you are reading and be vigilant and observing as to the language they use to present their story! Propaganda is not something that died with Dr. Goebbels!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts