Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the walking stick I made from a piece of Ipe'.It is 5'6" long. The handle is wrapped with 550 paracord. I drilled a hole in the end and glued an aluminum arrow insert in it. This allows you to use anyting from field points to broadheads to fishing heads. I also glued a field point into a frog gig so it can be screwed on. I attached a cell phone pouch which holds a magnesium fire starter, a small fishing kit and line, and broadheads and fieldpoints.
009.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 007.jpg 010.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its fine to keep those things in your house but I know there are some laws against having a spear in public, that is what my laws would call it. In other words I think rhart's approach is something you could take on a trip without someone asking too many questions if any. Having the attachments in a pack and not on the stick could also lower the attention it might bring.

Another thought I had is what about covers or plugs for the hole when not in use? Might save some time not having to clean it out if you had to go through some rough or muddy areas. Also I see how a rock might get jammed in there and be a pain to get out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its fine to keep those things in your house but I know there are some laws against having a spear in public, that is what my laws would call it. In other words I think rhart's approach is something you could take on a trip without someone asking too many questions if any. Having the attachments in a pack and not on the stick could also lower the attention it might bring.

Another thought I had is what about covers or plugs for the hole when not in use? Might save some time not having to clean it out if you had to go through some rough or muddy areas. Also I see how a rock might get jammed in there and be a pain to get out.
Instead of a cover or plug you can use a blunt arrow tip . These are used for small game.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts