Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in finding a school that is in the state of Florida. I have never had any true training in outdoor survival. I have been a hunter and general outdoorsman most of my life. I am not looking for a firearms survival school I have had so much of that already but now I want to specificly turn my training just on woodsmanship and general primitive survival. I have had no luck at all finding any schools in the Florida area that trains soley on how to survive in the woods of Florida. I am willing to travel from South Florida to any location in Florida for the proper training. What I am basically asking is does anyone in this forum know of school that works in the state of Florida that helps to develope your outdoor skills? I appreciate any help that anybody can give or any help that anybody can send me to.:eek:

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Google is your friend...
type in Florida survival classes...
I got 1.89 million hits...
Gotta be one there to your liking...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jim, Funny you should ask. I am in the process of putting together a training outlet now. Please contact me if you're still interested in pursuing this and what exactly you're looking for. Thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know of a survival school in Florida, but I can tell you that I have learned enough on my own to get by. I have bought a bunch of books throughout the years, and I still go out in the woods and try that stuff out. You might want to do the same if you can't find a school right away. Good books I have are the British SAS Survival Guide (I have the old version, there's a new version I need to get), the Foxfire series, the U.S. Army Survival Manual and Primitive Wilderness Living & Survival Skills. I haven't had to skin and cook a rabbit or squirrel since I was young, but if I were trying to survive in the mountains around here, I bet I would pull out my SAS guide to make sure I was doing it right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
shotgunjim

I am looking for the same thing for my family also in Florida. I would like my family to be ready for what is coming. And to protect themselves in any situation. Also I would like to learn trapping and such for outdoor survival. If you find something please let me know, and if I find something I will let you know. I would also like to find a local group to practice with regularly..:eek::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts