Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy who runs a wellness and lifestyle center on his property. The untold story is that is place is fully off the grid if needed.

They have a gas well that runs everything in there buildings including a genset. They have a water well that is solar powered. They have 80 acres of gardening land. There is also abundant timber and wildlife in the area as they back upto a huge section of national forest. These guys are worth checking out and visiting. There website has a lot of eating and gardening tips but I think visiting them would be a huge help to someone looking to see what off the grid is all about. http://www.homeforhealth.net is his site, I read his tips and such weekly.

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
I'm not knocking what I am seeing, technically, nor am I passing judgement. I'm simply offering an observation and sharing an intuition.

I like everything I read about the place. Even like the looks of the couple running the place. But, and this is a big BUT and take it for what it is worth ... but the first thing that hit me was like a wave flying out of my monitor and whopping me right in the chest.

It felt cultish. For some reason I didn't get the feeling of trust from it. Maybe it was the asking for money to attend, in the form of requiring a set "donation?" Maybe it was too much reference to spiritual healing? I honestly do not know what set off my warning indicators because I like the whole premise and I am a spiritual person.

Something about it, I don't know. Perhaps I have become too cynical in my old age. I cannot explain but it was a palatable feeling when surfing that site.

Still yet, it does seem very well planned and engineered and I am sure they have good intentions at heart.

We have a similar place as that, in the mountains of western NC, that we participate in from time to time ... it is sponsored by our Lutheran Churches and we send a lot of people there that otherwise could not afford to do so ... plus we attend and send our own kids there from time to time. More of a camp really ... but "donations" are not a requirement to attend. It is truly non profit.

Thank you very much for sharing though - it was an interesting read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.