Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Noob
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about a survival radio?
I wanted a better flashlight for my bug out bag, and looking online I found
this little goodie. It's a self powering radio and flashlight that weights less than a pound.It's solar powered or you can crank it.I liked it so I done a video review of it.It's 30 bucks at etoncorp.com . If you think the price is high think about it, it has a solar panel in it that had to cost around 10 bucks, and a nmhi battery (10+bucks) just check out the vid.
Maybe you can add one to your pack, think of all the info and uses you can get in the event of a disaster. and just be good to take camping to listion to music or find out the weather(all 7 weather channels),plus its a flashlight.Best of all no F$%@ing batteries required!

·
Registered
52 Posts
What do you think about a survival radio?
I wanted a better flashlight for my bug out bag, and looking online I found
this little goodie. It's a self powering radio and flashlight that weights less than a pound.It's solar powered or you can crank it.I liked it so I done a video review of it.It's 30 bucks at etoncorp.com . If you think the price is high think about it, it has a solar panel in it that had to cost around 10 bucks, and a nmhi battery (10+bucks) just check out the vid.
Maybe you can add one to your pack, think of all the info and uses you can get in the event of a disaster. and just be good to take camping to listion to music or find out the weather(all 7 weather channels),plus its a flashlight.Best of all no F$%@ing batteries required!

YouTube- Self-Powered Emergency Radio with Flashlight
Thanks for the review. Was looking at this on Amazon today and thought it would make a good addition to the BOB! One review I saw said that the solar panel in just barely will run the radio with perfect sun. But, better that not having it... and the crank is always there too. :thumb:

·
LASSIE! (I did it again)
179 Posts
Eton also makes a model called "Scorpion" that has similar features(LED flashlight, weather radio, cell phone charger, solar/crank powered, water resistant, etc) in a very well engineered package. You might like it.

www.etoncorp.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Latern/radio Wal-mart

I bought a little latern crank up at China-mart I use it in my little camper at night it has led lites and:thumb: a night lite ect I paid about $18 bucks has an am/fm that don't work so hot but I do like the lites. I also have a crank up flash lite I use all the time when camping.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had a Freeplay radio for over ten years thats still kickin. The solar panel is useless unless it sits in the sun for days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts