Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dances with Salmon
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good survival related podcasts that they would like to share or recommend?
I am looking for something to listen to at work while I do brain dead tasks.
Thanks in advance.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Hell, one of us should have a podcast up. I know its possible to have more than one person talking, and there are several people here that I can see being 'talking heads' that are knowledgeable in their field. It would be like a poor-man's Crossfire, only with more of a survival theme. Each week the host would keep track of messages to the show and could put together segments and shows based on what the majority would like discussed. It's not like we don't have a lot to talk about.

Hell, I'd be interested in hosting myself if I had the technical capability. I do have a little journalistic savvy.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hell, one of us should have a podcast up. I know its possible to have more than one person talking, and there are several people here that I can see being 'talking heads' that are knowledgeable in their field.
Either you'd get people that already agree and it's a circle jerk, or you'd get opposing views in which case it's get into a shouting match. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hell, one of us should have a podcast up. I know its possible to have more than one person talking, and there are several people here that I can see being 'talking heads' that are knowledgeable in their field. It would be like a poor-man's Crossfire, only with more of a survival theme. Each week the host would keep track of messages to the show and could put together segments and shows based on what the majority would like discussed. It's not like we don't have a lot to talk about.

Hell, I'd be interested in hosting myself if I had the technical capability. I do have a little journalistic savvy.
If this ever comes to light, I'll listen for sure!

As for existing podcasts, I'm not sure! I've been looking around myself for something to listen to...I'll sometimes find great videos on youtube and just listen to them. There was a great one that I "watched" a while ago - something about a Google team safety meeting or something.........

*PrairieGirl goes off to find it!*

Ah here it is:

It covers some basics but I found a few things the guy talked about to be useful (the fingers under the sun to tell time came in handy once.....and it was pretty damn accurate - something I never would have known or thought of to try!)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Either you'd get people that already agree and it's a circle jerk, or you'd get opposing views in which case it's get into a shouting match. :)
thats why the show is called Crossfire. :D:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My podcast, Taverncast just recently did an entire show on preparedness and survival scenarios. As well as running through a scenario and finding out how ill-prepared the average joe is, we had on author Mat Stein who offers up great practical information as well. Hope you'll take a listen. Keep in mind the show is not a preparedness themed show - it's more like The Daily Show - but the subject is treated with lots of respect.

You can download the show directly at:

http://dl.affiliates.futureus.com/ta...2008-09-21.mp3

Or, you can simply lookup "Taverncast" on iTunes and subscribe there.
Enjoy!

·
Molōn Labe!
673 Posts
well, the best known Survival podcast is from a dude outside of Dallas who records his musings during his commute. He's been doing it a while and you can find his podcasts at http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/survivalism-around-the-blogosphere
Subscribe to his email list if you are interested. Some of them are excellent, some of them are so-so. But, he has the time dedicated to it, and you will get at the minimum another opinion.

I'd go above and beyond what you would consider "survival podcasts" and include other netcasts. Alex Jones comes to mind preeminently. Get him at http://www.infowars.com/listen.html or even over shortwave! Daily mp3s are posted later in the day if you don't want to stream it live.

Most everything that GCN broadcasts is related information to our bent. Reach them at http://www.gcnlive.com/
They have political, precious metals, self sufficient material, etc. It's radio, so it will be wide ranging.

Coast to Coast AM is also great material, but is broadcast late in the evening. You need to subscribe to get their mp3s.

Rense radio is also great, if he wasn't getting DDoS attacks against him all the time. I think they need to seriously get some anti-DDoS service set up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Casual Preppers Podcast is pretty entertaining. They do gear reviews etc. One of the guys does something in the medical field so he usually has a segment regarding a medical topic. Its pretty light hearted and goofy sometimes but i love it.

In The Rabbit Holeis another one ive recently started listening to. Havent heard enough to give a thorough overview though.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts