Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, I was looking for a hand crank radio, and found a nice one for about $50.00.
(But after some more thought, I remembered how that for years, I had been working on ways to “keep a 12vt car battery charged”, and realized that I didn’t need a fancy hand crank radio;)
-Just an old car radio would do!-
--------------------------------------------------
With that in mind, while shopping yesterday, I found several different kinds of hand crank radio/flashlights at K-mart, Target & Wal-mart, for around $20.00 each.
(After comparing the features of each, I dropped the best one into my shopping cart:)

But as I was heading to the check out, I realized that for $20.00 I could buy a 20lb bag of flower “and” a 20lb bag of beans, and therefore decided to put the radio back.
--------------------------------------------------
When it all comes down to it, food is more important than a radio.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earlier when I said
“I had been working on ways to keep a 12vt car battery charged”
What I meant was......

A few Christmas’s ago, my wife asked me, what I wanted, and I said “a solar panel”:
So I have one, that I can set up, and hook right to a car battery:
(A solar battery charger:)

And I have also been working on ways, to convert my car’s alternator, into a makeshift battery charger.

Therefore, I have collected a large supply of 12vt. items, realizing that this was going to be my “voltage of choice”, after the crash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts