Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new to survival but have always loved the outdoors and was wondering what peoples thought were on the KA-BAR usmc knife as a survival and this would be with a multi tool or a smaller knife. Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
welcome to the boards ! Plenty of Ka-Bar lovers here, and the knife has certainly proved its worth over the years as a survival tool. Personally I believe there are better choices. Go poke around in the knife forums and you will several topics on the subject.

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
I like my Kabar. I have had it for 25 years and it was basically designed as a fighting knife. I carry a Case Sodbuster in my pocket when I am hunting or fishing. I can skin anything I run across with the Case. Now if it came down to a knife fight and I could have 1 knife the Kabar would be it.

Chris

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
There are so many to pick from, you need to figure out just what you may or may not use it for. Survial can be a blanket term, if you figure out: I need one for this and one for that" you may find out you will need more then one. (Nothing wrong with that..!)

I have multi-tools from Leatherman, kershaw, S.O.G and Gerber, each will do at least one more then the other one. This way I figure we are pretty much covered! I ended up with Leatherman as a sponsor for a few years, so I have more of those.

"Gunner"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts