Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From wikipedia. Ontario. 1922. Fisher river on Lake Winnipeg. Ben Cochrum's bones were found among the remains of 11 wolves. Seven had been shot and four clubbed to death. Only when his rifle stock smashed did the trapper succumb to the wolf pack.

That is not bad. Rest in peace, Ben.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's crazy he was able to shoot that many off with the weapons at the time he was alive. He seemed to of really kept his cool and not panicked while reloading or working the bolt. He is very inspirational. I can't believe the wolves didn't give up after having 11 of their pack die by one man.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
and this is why we carry high capacity clips boys and girls...

·
Pedophiles will die soon!
1,184 Posts
From wikipedia. Ontario. 1922. Fisher river on Lake Winnipeg. Ben Cochrum's bones were found among the remains of 11 wolves. Seven had been shot and four clubbed to death. Only when his rifle stock smashed did the trapper succumb to the wolf pack.

What a way to die! Fighting to the end is the only way to live and die. I have had to many friends commit suicide where they just gave up the fight. That is just sad to see some die by their own hand.

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
In the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole is a full mount of a grizzly bear killed by a guy with a knife. It was in the 20's or 30's if I remember. The bear attacked and he killed it. Naturally he suffered some pretty serious wounds, but he came out on top.

Now thats fighting for your life, either of these stories.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
One day in the mid 1800s, while the bandit Tiburicio Vasquez was off robbing someone or other, his cook stayed behind in the mountains north of LA to have a nice warm meal ready for them when they returned. A local grizzly smelled the cooking and decided to get his share. The bear managed to surprise the cook who managed to kill it with nothing but a butcher knife. They ate bear meat for some time after.

The cook earned the nickname "Chileo" or hot stuff for his efforts and the area became known as Chileo Flats. Today the area is contained in the Charleton-Chileo Recreation Area in the Angeles National Forest

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
What a way to die! Fighting to the end is the only way to live and die. I have had to many friends commit suicide where they just gave up the fight. That is just sad to see some die by their own hand.
geeese Im not sure i want to be your friend. :xeye:

Reactions: ToughFemale

·
1,184 Posts
geeese Im not sure i want to be your friend. :xeye:
Ohhh come on! You could commit suicide. If you are my friend you wife may commit homicide. :eek:

All kidding aside I have had several friends to just give up on life and ended it. I never understood that mental attitude of giving up. To fight to the death is the way I want to live. Life is nothing but a big fight anyway so no need to give up in any situation.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
Ohhh come on! You could commit suicide. If you are my friend you wife may commit homicide. :eek:

All kidding aside I have had several friends to just give up on life and ended it. I never understood that mental attitude of giving up. To fight to the death is the way I want to live. Life is nothing but a big fight anyway so no need to give up in any situation.
Im sorry for your loss.

I have never had a friend commit suicide.

I hope and pray it does not happen to someone close to me or ever again to you.

·
1,184 Posts
Im sorry for your loss.

I have never had a friend commit suicide.

I hope and pray it does not happen to someone close to me or ever again to you.
That makes two of us. It is always bewildering to know something that kills themselves. They always leave me with questions like did I do enough to help them. Was I there enough for them. And the grief is different and harder to deal with than any other type of death.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
That makes two of us. It is always bewildering to know something that kills themselves. They always leave me with questions like did I do enough to help them. Was I there enough for them. And the grief is different and harder to deal with than any other type of death.
some are wishing for the EOTWAWKI I hope it never happens in my day, I have had my fill of death for one lifetime.

·
Primeval Tendencies
83 Posts

If you're going down, go down fighting. One can learn from this story.

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
a true survivalist to the end

awesome story and his Rifle was probably a 303 savage or 25/20. something that most of us wouldnt even think of using.

We should all do likewise

·
Custom User Title
2,969 Posts
One day in the mid 1800s, while the bandit Tiburicio Vasquez was off robbing someone or other, his cook stayed behind in the mountains north of LA to have a nice warm meal ready for them when they returned. A local grizzly smelled the cooking and decided to get his share. The bear managed to surprise the cook who managed to kill it with nothing but a butcher knife. They ate bear meat for some time after.

The cook earned the nickname "Chileo" or hot stuff for his efforts and the area became known as Chileo Flats. Today the area is contained in the Charleton-Chileo Recreation Area in the Angeles National Forest
Crazy story. Even crazier to think that there were once grizzlies, let alone black bears in my backyard. I remember reading a very old book on the pomo Indians and it talked about them spearing blacks but being to scared to go after grizzlies. And this around sonoma/mendo county. Now there aren't any in the state.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts