Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'd be more worried of a killer badger!

I was sitting in a wood one night with a good friend and we heard a noise, it was two badgers one came over to me and smelt my boots and finger, the other one gave my mate a bad bite on his hand that need about 30 stiches. I'm glad they scare easliy, his girly scream made them leg it.

Once again good job I alway take a first aid kit.

·
too many conspiracies...
272 Posts
I was cringing that entire time. I can't believe how calm he was the entire time..it didn't seem to even hurt.

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
Good video Kev :thumb:

I'm wondering, if you're alone that must be a lot harder. If keeping the snake alive is not a priority, would your survival knife work?

@ Blammo: LOL!

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
I was cringing that entire time. I can't believe how calm he was the entire time..it didn't seem to even hurt.
Haven't been bitten by an Anaconda in particular, but have been bitten a couple times by mid-size Pythons and Boas (5-6 feet), which are also constrictors. The snake's bite is no worse than your average dogbite. The danger from the snake bite is 2 fold in that the bite itself may get infected, but that's not a worry at the time of the bite, the big deal is not getting wrapped in the coils and being able to extracate yourself. With the big snakes (over 8-9 feet (2 meters)) you never feed them when you're by yourself. You need the other guy to get the snake off you. My experience is that the bite bleeds a lot and is slow to heal, but is not deep. My bites did not require any stitches or anything... No big deal...

Allan

·
Registered
255 Posts
i was watching tv while back and they were saying that there is a large influx of anacondas in florida area and is spreading to alabama , within 5 to 10 years and the heating of the world, they will be all the way to north carolina . texas
they are so big that they are eating full sized alligators. and dogs cats, and so on....

·
Registered
12 Posts
This video would be even better if they titled it "How to Survive an Anaconda Bite with Two Other People Helping You". I'm not sure how well that Herpetologist would have fared on his own... :( Thankfully snakes that big don't make it this far North.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts