Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Hope is not a method
527 Posts
Anyone interested in a survival friend network? I'm talking about a potential group creation based on willingness to join, proximity to others, and a informal resume system (just to attempt a process for rendering group dynamics to a minimum).

Of all the time I've spent on the forums, its seems a group is one of the only factors that will determine who wins or losses in the survival game (pardon the puns and euphemisms, no disrespect intended just trying to get my point across). If a network of like minded people are willing to at least divulge a central location where one could link up I think that would be a start.

Would like to discuss the potential for this and possible get something going. Maybe even have volunteer 'leaders' for an 'area'.

OK, I've attempted to upload the file here and it seems it doesn't like excel suffix files. So, I've started up my server and made it open so you can download it. You can get it here:http://isopsycho.is-a-geek.com/People Network/

·
Hope is not a method
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a bad start for just a couple hours...

Anyway, I'm currently in Dayton, Ohio but will be moving (again) to Charlottesville, VA.
It could take awhile before there are enough people that responded to get any type of 'match', so keep posting...

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,513 Posts
If a network of like minded people are willing to at least divulge a central location where one could link up I think that would be a start.

Would like to discuss the potential for this and possible get something going. Maybe even have volunteer 'leaders' for an 'area'.
Hope people can get to know one another first then possibly link up. I mean over the past twenty plus years I have met many who say they are survivalists especially on the internet but even some in person. And over half are pretty good but lose interest in forming a group or move away etc. Any women I have ever met who said they were survivalists were really gold diggers and not truly interested in a BOL or survival retreat or homestead.

But my area is centrally located in about all of the USA and would be a good location with much water, wood and wildlife If any could find it and be able to get up to my mtn place or even as a stop over if passing thru. I have told where it is located if any have read my 3 pic threads but generally it is in southern Wyoming.

My mtn place in 3 different threads, the newest one here, which I hope a few good survivalists in Colorado & Wyoming etc. might join me on or near here > http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=84562

Pm or email me or even post here or in the above link, thanks.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
Count me in. Kalamazoo Michigan

Reactions: OhioMan

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Great concept - but isnt this what the monthly get togethers are in the different regions?.... I know Herbal Pagan holds one in Massachusetts and there are others on here also.........

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
It will never work. No one cares, and most are too busy to make new freinds and such.

I tried meeting others form the forum, but it never went very far. I somehow doubt it ever would.

·
Hope is not a method
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great concept - but isnt this what the monthly get togethers are in the different regions?.... I know Herbal Pagan holds one in Massachusetts and there are others on here also.........
Do they show a by region map or something? I'm interested if something has already been set up also.

If not, I'd like to see how far we can get. I'm willing to update this thread with a consolidated list of user names and region/state/city. Might even set it up in the download section as a download I can update on a weekly basis.

·
Hope is not a method
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It will never work. No one cares, and most are too busy to make new freinds and such.

I tried meeting others form the forum, but it never went very far. I somehow doubt it ever would.
I agree travel would be the biggest hindrance but getting the information organized by grouping may help where the last effort failed.

I haven't seen or heard of too many survival readiness group get together advertised (probably because its not the societal norm?) in papers or community fliers. There is plenty of resources (people) here on the forum, I at least have to try, even if only a couple of people get a group together then it was worth the effort.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
I agree travel would be the biggest hindrance but getting the information organized by grouping may help where the last effort failed.

I haven't seen or heard of too many survival readiness group get together advertised (probably because its not the societal norm?) in papers or community fliers. There is plenty of resources (people) here on the forum, I at least have to try, even if only a couple of people get a group together then it was worth the effort.
you know we have chat rooms here, Im'ing in a forum of closely located people would be a good way to start.

·
Hope is not a method
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you know we have chat rooms here, Im'ing in a forum of closely located people would be a good way to start.
Personal thanks for that one. I keep overlooking the technical advantages of today. IMing is allot cheaper than a phone call and way cheaper than an actual drive somewhere.

First order of business: I'll consolidate the names and post a user name and location list so people can start IMing. Just need to let the thread run a little longer so I can have some names pile up.

Any other ideas (like the IMing!) please post them.

·
Minimal worry.
221 Posts
Well, this is just mho but are you guys really willing to disclose such personal information such as location on the public internet ? Where anyone can find it ? I am not game but to all who are best of luck.

·
Hope is not a method
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, this is just mho but are you guys really willing to disclose such personal information such as location on the public internet ? Where anyone can find it ? I am not game but to all who are best of luck.
I'm not asking for personal location and such. So please don't disclose any!!

Just a user name and general/closest city/town so others can begin talking (or IMing). If things develop then a possible public meeting place to get to know people better is the next step. If you get a group together and things work out - great. If not you at least tried. Mutual support, even if its a handshake saying I'll help you out if you need some assistance later is better than nothing.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts