Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the best books on survival that I have come across is "How to stay alive in the woods" by Bradford Angier. This book is chock full of useful information, has pictures, sketches, and details ranging from finding food to treating injuries. The books is pretty heavy, but isn't very large in dimensions. And I keep it in my pack. I will be writing up a full review soon, so stay tuned. If you have this book, or are able to check it out let me know your take on it.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
also try "survival with style" same author

·
Molōn Labe!
673 Posts
I have this book and consider it part of the "threefer" of itself, SAS Survival Guide, and FM21-76. The benefit to this book is the cover is rubberized and the paper is thick glossy archival type print, meaning ti will be partially water resistant. I still don't want it wet if i can help it tho! The diagrams are nicely printed color and pretty darn clear. I think SAS Survival Guide edges it out in content, as well as FM21-76, but on the whole, having the different books to choose from is quite nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.