Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished reading the book SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman it is a great book that is easy to understand with illistrations of common edible plants, traps, improvised tools, and other primitive survival techniques. I reccomend this book to anyone interested in this topic. this book costs about 10$ and has the knoweledge to save your life , i think its worth it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree it is another valuable addition to anyone's library I reference it quite often personally. I paid $19.95 for my copy at the bookstore but I have seen them online for as low as $7.95 just goes to show shop around and you'll get the deals!

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Saw some copies @ the gun show this weekend..seems they were in the $15.00/$20.00 range.

Well worth having around.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Didn't think to mention it, but maybe one of the site merchants carries it...Know they or one at least has lots of others..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I heard some good things about this book as well. The fact is, though, I don't have a lot of money at the moment :p

Do you think this book is really worth its money?

Greetings,

Tim

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the small one (about 4 inches x2.5 inches) and it is a great reference for almost everything needed in a survival situation. I have mine stashed in double ziploc bags in my BOB - along with 4 other books. ("The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, "On War" by Gen. Carl von Clausewitz, Holy Bible, and "The Illustrated Manual of Sniper Skills" by Sargent Major Mark Spicer)

***EDIT***

I forgot to add that I paid about 10 or 11 bucks for mine - got it through Amazon.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the small one (about 4 inches x2.5 inches) and it is a great reference for almost everything needed in a survival situation. I have mine stashed in double ziploc bags in my BOB - along with 4 other books. ("The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, "On War" by Gen. Carl von Clausewitz, Holy Bible, and "The Illustrated Manual of Sniper Skills" by Sargent Major Mark Spicer)

***EDIT***

I forgot to add that I paid about 10 or 11 bucks for mine - got it through Amazon.com

I think I'll buy a copy then

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Just ordered my copy. Amazon, $14. Thanks for the recommendation. There were 122 reviews on Amazon and the average rating was 4.5 stars!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought a copy of the SAS manual- it is the large quality paperback size so it would not be ideal for the BOB. But I will keep my eyes open for a little one.

This is a great book and I am glad I added it to my library. A really good read is "Bravo Two Zero" by Andy McNab. I'm not saying it is 100% truthful (some other SAS troopers have questioned some aspects of it) but for a survival read it is interesting. The basic survival stuff it covers is interesting.

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
Also Cody Lundin's 98.6 Degrees is great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts