Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Neither one in my opinion.

Get either a large molle pack with internal sleep system, or a large alice pack.

·
www.koselscords.webs.com
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were you specificly talking to me about the survival gear thing? where is that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
just got the Sentinel 65 which is the slightly larger version of the 55 in order to compare to some other frame packs for use as a first pack for Boy Scout hiking.Construction of the two appears to be roughly the same. I will be sending the 65 back; the aluminum frame bars are flimsy ( 1/8" thick x 1" wide) and provide minimal support. Also, no horizontal support structure connects the frame bars so the main compartment of the pack "flexes" along the axis from the users head to foot. I would advise against, there are much better constructed packs out there.

·
I am Jody
2,203 Posts
Nope, I looked at those in Omaha the other day...In my opinion they are junk! I would imagine they would work fine if you leave it in your closet and never use them. For the same price you can get a used Kelty or MILsurp online.

·
Always Preparing
1,158 Posts
They're nice packs, but not a whole lot of pockets. It would be great if you were throwing everything in it and moving on, but it doesn't sound like what you're looking for. I was going to suggest Kev's video. It helped me tons!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts