Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here use the Specialty Defense SDS MOLLE M16/M4 magazine shingle pouch on their load carrier?

I bought a voodoo tactical pouch for 30 round AR-15 magazines. Each pouch is a different size and it was made in china. Instead of buying china made stuff I thought why not buy some surplus pouches.

This morning I bought a couple surplus M16/M4 magazine shingle pouches off ebay.

What do you think some of the better magazine pouches are? Some of my buddies are using tactical tailor. But my gear is in woodland and tactical tailor does not make these in woodland.

Attachments

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
I have a couple of those,

Anyone here use the Specialty Defense SDS MOLLE M16/M4 magazine shingle pouch on their load carrier?

I bought a voodoo tactical pouch for 30 round AR-15 magazines. Each pouch is a different size and it was made in china. Instead of buying china made stuff I thought why not buy some surplus pouches.

This morning I bought a couple surplus M16/M4 magazine shingle pouches off ebay.

What do you think some of the better magazine pouches are? Some of my buddies are using tactical tailor. But my gear is in woodland and tactical tailor does not make these in woodland.
I added to my old H harness setup on the belt, , Most the ones I have on my vest are OD voodoo, I did find however, as long as I washed the pouches soft, and then Hot /dyed them, I could get a decent olive color, as well as places Like Joannes, a craft store, sells Camo(4 color) packs of fabric paint, I did some just to see of it would hold up, hasn't faded or scrubbed off yet, and its on my hunting rig, you might wanna try that.......

·
Shade Tree Gynecologist
3,703 Posts
I just use a 3 cell/6 mag over 5he shoulder bandoleer.
I have not gotten a full on vest for the AR's yet.
I plan to get a vest with 3 single pouches 9n the front and use the bandoleer to augment.

·
Free-ish Man
1,877 Posts
Tacos are great. Bit pricey but worth at, at least for your emergency mag. http://www.highspeedgear.com/taco-pouches.html

TT makes OD pouches. Why not just get those? Put a little brown and black spray paint on there if you want more colors.

·
Errrrr
5,680 Posts
Honestly, stick to the good stuff and always avoid the airsoft stuff like voodoo, condor, etc.

Brands like Eagle, Proper, Tactical Tailor, Crye Precision, 5.11, etc are brands to stick to.

There are several over good brands but when it comes to stitched gear get good quality.

·
Paratrooper X
3,537 Posts
I stay away from open top magazine pouches. If your in a area where you're not going to end up in the dirt then maybe. SDS stuff isn't made to last either. Its made to be last about 6 months of use and the DX'd (Direct exchange) with the supply system.

I use Condor magazine pouches. Heavier nylon and the cover flaps will last a long time getting drug through the dirt rocks and muck and the most in-expensive on the market

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Open topped pouches worked fine for me in AFG. Only person I ever saw have issues with them was a non combat arms major who apparently never got the memo about bullets/mag facing down in the pouch. That did not go well for him :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts