·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: joes

·
Registered
184 Posts
They seem like great idea for those who have a few Benjamins to rub together, but I guess 30 rounders and fast mag change drills will have to do for the rest of us.
I've been waiting for magpul or somebody to come up with a 45 round AR mag, like a RPK.

·
Registered
96 Posts
DO NOT BUY THESE. i am a large surefire dealer. at shot show last year placed an opening order for 200 units. 9 months later received 50. 30 DID NOT WORK. i returned to s/f for nib. sold to people i dont now who were NOT REAL WORLD.
that 3 spring mess is a c/f and i took mine to my colt trained armorer to put back together. i was not smart enuff to do myself.

will never sell 1 again. i have 1 THAT WORKS. i wont run them or let my people run them. use a asc 40 rd for games and 3 gun.

never carry anything but good g.i. surplus. i had bad luck with magpul. (dont know why) all guns are factory. not gun show crap. everyone seem to like them. can NOT keep them loaded i am told from the sand box. i dont use them. just me perhaps.

if weak springs u can buy +10% from Wolf or Ismi form brownells. all good.

PLEASE: dont use surefire. f.n.v. is of utmost importance on this board.for people who need help. the other subject here interest me mostly. pay my dues buy telling people whats so in the gun world.

jumper66

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
DO NOT BUY THESE. i am a large surefire dealer. at shot show last year placed an opening order for 200 units. 9 months later received 50. 30 DID NOT WORK. i returned to s/f for nib. sold to people i dint now who were NOT REAL WORLD.
that 3 spring mess is a c/ and i took mine to my colt trained armorer to put back together. i was not smart enuff to do myself.

will never sell 1 again. i have 1 THAT WORKS. i wont run them or let my people run them. use a asc 40 rd for games and 3 gun.

never carry anything but good g.i. surplus. i had bad luck with magpul. (dont know why) all guns are factory. not gun show crap. everyone seem to like them. can NOT keep them loaded i am told from the sand box. i dont use them. just me perhaps.

if weak springs u can buy +10% from Wolf or Ismi form brownells. all good.

PLEASE: dont use surefire. f.n.v. is of utmost importance on this board.for people who need help. the other subject here interest me mostly. pay my dues buy telling people whats so in the gun world.

jumper66
Jumper, the individual hosting the carbine course I am headed to has also said bad things about PMAG's, stating that they crap the bed more than any other "quality" mag in his classes. He recommended Lancer L5 AWM. I have not beat on mine yet, but thus far I have been pleased. Any experience with them?

*The AWM's are not to be confused with the initial L5's, which sucked.

·
Registered
96 Posts
who is the instructer ??

dont have any f.n.v. but have heard good things on lancer.have 2 from them, never used them.mag puls are/ are not working depends on who u ask. i dont allow them but in the minority. dont now why it's me. they do spread in heat. better safe than sorry. dance with the girl etc.
have a gazillion military Sanchez(not available now) my o.t.d. and work mags. guard them with my life and clearly marked.
for class use some screaming color tape

u were correct on ammo for fib's btw, some stuff u dont know about. special ammo for h&k 10.5 bbl only. anti shoot thru. p.c. ammo. will explain when i have time. only part of that group using it.

kinda busy right now. remind in here in a few days. headed back to o.o.c. Saturday

cheers
jumper66

·
Registered
896 Posts
who is the instructer ??

dont have any f.n.v. but have heard good things on lancer.have 2 from them, never used them.mag puls are/ are not working depends on who u ask. i dont allow them but in the minority. dont now why it's me. they do spread in heat. better safe than sorry. dance with the girl etc.
have a gazillion military Sanchez(not available now) my o.t.d. and work mags. guard them with my life and clearly marked.

u were correct on ammo for fib'sbtw, but there is some stuff u dont know about. special ammo for h&k 10.5 bbl only. anti shoot thru. p.c. ammo. will explain when i have time. only part of that group using it.

kinda busy right now. remind in here in a few days. headed back to o.o.c. Saturday

cheers
jumper66
Well I am not really sure about all this. Your spelling and grammar are terrible, I struggle to get through it.

From what I gather you were not able to reassemble the mags?

You do not trust them, but sold them to people who were not "real world" according to your standards?

You are from Ohio? I believe these magazines are illegal to use in Ohio.

263 Posts
"Magazines holding over 31 rounds makes the weapon an "automatic firearm" subject to law accordingly"

this does not apply to rim fires.......

My understanding of this is that if you put a 40 round mag on a bolt action (why) it would be considered a fully automatic weapon.

So.... Technically legal, but I highly doubt this guy is selling hundreds of them.

If you have aaabsolutely nothing better to do the statute is as follows:

2923.11 to 2923.24

(A) “Deadly weapon” means any instrument, device, or thing capable of inflicting death, and designed or specially adapted for use as a weapon, or possessed, carried, or used as a weapon.
(B)(1) “Firearm” means any deadly weapon capable of expelling or propelling one or more projectiles by the action of an explosive or combustible propellant. “Firearm” includes an unloaded firearm, and any firearm that is inoperable but that can readily be rendered operable.
(2) When determining whether a firearm is capable of expelling or propelling one or more projectiles by the action of an explosive or combustible propellant, the trier of fact may rely upon circumstantial evidence, including, but not limited to, the representations and actions of the individual exercising control over the firearm.
(E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
who is the instructer ??

u were correct on ammo for fib'sbtw, but there is some stuff u dont know about. special ammo for h&k 10.5 bbl only. anti shoot thru. p.c. ammo. will explain when i have time. only part of that group using it.

cheers
jumper66
PM sent. I don't want to discuss it on forum.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Well I am not really sure about all this. Your spelling and grammar are terrible, I struggle to get through it.

You do not trust them, but sold them to people who were not "real world" according to your standards?

LE/MIL is exempt from many things and some are allowed to carry duty weapons/have them at home. I don't know specifics. Just because the guy's spelling sucks doesn't mean he didn't just bang something out from his iPhone. I know a few people who have jobs similar to him, and they aren't too stressed over posting on forums, either, so not to speak for Jumper, but grammar probably isn't a big deal as long as the message gets through. His lot tend to be a bit of a unique bunch, if he is who he says he is, which, there is no reason to call a man a liar unless you catch a man lying.

·
Steel True Blade Straight
832 Posts
"Magazines holding over 31 rounds makes the weapon an "automatic firearm" subject to law accordingly"

2923.11 to 2923.24

(E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.
The whole quoted statute/ordinance is wierd....is that for the whole state of Ohio or just some town or city.

I see that as saying any firearm that holds more than 31 rounds of centerfire pistol ammo?

Is the quoted statute even about long-guns?

In lots of city's, state's by-laws the wording of "automatic" simply mean's self-loading.

Beta Mags, Glock "happy sticks (32rounders), 50 round Tommygun mags, 100 round Tommy gun drums? There are lots and lots of magazines that hold more than 31 rounds for both pistol and rifle, I'm confused. I didn't realize Ohio had a stupid high cap ban on pistol magazines. And the way I read that is it's specific about pistol's only, as it exempt's long-rifle cartridges. Or they wouldn't have mentioned long-rifle at all. Glad we don't play that in Oregon yet.-WW

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
The whole quoted statute/ordinance is wierd....is that for the whole state of Ohio or just some town or city.

I see that as saying any firearm that holds more than 31 rounds of centerfire pistol ammo?

Is the quoted statute even about long-guns?

In lots of city's, state's by-laws the wording of "automatic" simply mean's self-loading.

Beta Mags, Glock "happy sticks (32rounders), 50 round Tommygun mags, 100 round Tommy gun drums? There are lots and lots of magazines that hold more than 31 rounds for both pistol and rifle, I'm confused. I didn't realize Ohio had a stupid high cap ban on pistol magazines. Glad we don't play that in Oregon yet.-WW
22 short, long, or long rifle as in "22 short, 22 long, or 22 long rifle" not saying rifle calibers.

Any centerfire gun over that amount

Reactions: Wetwork

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
Also the wording of that legislation is pretty vague, going by the wording alone that would make any gun created with 31+ capacity in mind, even if it can use low-capacity magazines or belts, illegal

like a semi-automatic m249 regardless of how many links in the belt, and strictly speaking, since it only exempts 22 long, short, and long rifle, .22 magnums over 30 rounds would be illegal too.....some effed up laws

·
Registered
96 Posts
surefire mags

ohio law: if u had read all of the law and not " i read on a board" u would understand the c-3 weapons are exempt for this law. my mp-5's hold 32 Rd's also. since i am a govt contractor and own the company,and a class-3 dealer. i am not under local law either. also the law states they are only illegal when IN A WEAPON for civilians.

typing: arthritis and shrapnel dont make my typing any easier. i dont need this info. i am trying to help for the other things i do read here, not gun related. if u dont like it DONT READ MY POST. for u who were polite, thank you. been doing this for over 40 yrs.i contribute here so i feel like i am paying my dues for the other stuff i read here. guns are not a hobby but a tool. i also have a chain saw. L.O.L. i only post to keep good people from getting hurt or wasting money. we can be found at www.odspec.com. maybe that will help.

thanks again

jumper66
p.s. we are off the topic: THE F-----G MAGS DONT WORK. i dont care what u use.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have yall checked out the link at the top of the forum?
Seems kinda pricey when you could buy two 30s for ten bucks each and tape them together for a quick swap. You could buy 13 of those for what they're asking for the 60 rounder, which would give you 390 rounds in loaded magazines.

Maybe someone can come up with a drum three feet across that will hold a full 1000 round case? Kinda heavy, maybe, but who cares if it looks cool.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts